Monday, February 28, 2011

The biggest decision ever!

I am one of the most indecisive people on the planet! I really hope the babies don't inherit that from me. Waiting on me to order at a restaurant can be painful..
I always thought I would name my babies Alexis, Andrew, Jake, and that's about as far as I got! Brandon had other ideas though! He was very opinionated when it came to naming the babies! He decided we were going to have an Ava and there was no changing his mind. I love the name Ava, but I couldn't imagine not having an Alexis! We went back and forth for weeks! At one point I decided I didn't care what he thought and her name was Alexis Caroline. Her name was Alexis for about two weeks. I didn't finalize it until I went to Bella Jacks to register and the girl asked me their names! It was really a game time decision! I told her Ava Alexis Elliott. I secretly thought if I changed my mind I could just tell people to call her by her middle name! Caroline, don't worry! If I ever have another girl (this will never happen btw) I will name her after you! You definitely deserve it! I could always name a dog after you one day!

I've always loved the name Brooks. I loved it for a girl or a boy. This was an easy one to choose. Around the time we got pregnant Brandon and I were obsessed with the Tudors (Thanks Beth Anne!). We literally watched every episode in about 2 weeks. Brandon probably won't admit this but I know that's where Henry came from. I would like to think that Brooks is named after Henry Cavill (a cute actor on the show) not Henry VIII. There was also someone named Henry running for office and he had signs everywhere in Fayetteville! B probably passed 20 Henry campaign signs on his way to work everyday! Henries were everywhere! I think it was just stuck in his head! It also happens to be the name of Brandon's Great Grandfather. That's actually the story I stick with! I wanted all the babies to have at least one family name, so it was perfect!

Gigi can take all of the credit for Knox. It was all her idea! Brandon and I both loved it and finding another name we both really liked was next to impossible! So Knox it is! I have always loved the name Andrew. It's also my dad's name. Dad, you can't show favoritism to Knox since he is named after you!

Baby A is now Ava Alexis Elliott
Baby B is Brooks Henry Elliott
Baby C is Knox Andrew Elliott

I've had a very low key pregnancy. Other than a little, well a lot of morning sickness, I have had it pretty easy! There is one weird thing that I started doing and never quit. I call Knox Luke constantly. It's really bizarre. Without even thinking I say Luke. It hasn't just happened once or twice. It happens on a daily basis. Brandon gets very frustrated. At first he would say "who the hell is Luke" now I think he's getting use to it and he knows who I'm talking about. He still doesn't like it though! Luke was never a name we considered and I don't know anyone named Luke... So...who in the world is Luke? Is this some sort of sign??? Should I change Knox's name?? I already have so many things monogrammed!! What if I call him Luke once he is here??? The poor kid will be so confused! I just can't figure out why this is happening. Let's hope once he is here this little problem of mine will resolve itself!

No comments: