Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Genius and the Beauty Queen

At one time my nickname was Cruella Deville. I was just not an animal person. Every animal I ever had died. I think I was bitter. Molly, the cutest dog in the world, got hit by a car, my rabbit got eaten before my eyes by our neighbor's lab, my hamster Pinky escaped and died in our couch, etc. As you can see it was never my fault.... In fact, the rabbit was all my mom's fault! Just joking mom.. Caroline, on the other hand, basically ran a zoo in our back yard. We had rabbits, ducks, dogs, snakes, turtles, hamsters, a million crabs, basically anything she could talk my parents, usually my dad, into buying.
But, one day right after our wedding I was working at the liquor store with B. If I remember correctly, I was pretending to be researching something liquor related on the internet but I was really looking at Malti Poos. I had a slight Jessica Simpson addiction at the time. PS-If you ever want to watch Newlyweds I have every episode on DVD... I saw a picture of the cutest little black and white fluff ball named Binkie. Binkie lived in MO. Binkie was also quite a bit cheaper than all of the other dogs which made me a little nervous. I called the number and the lady told me she would actually be in Fayetteville the next day for a Dr's appt. It was meant to be. I woke up the next day to a snow storm! Binkie made it to Fayetteville anyway. B wouldn't go with me to look at her. He was not thrilled about getting a dog. When I pulled up to the Dr's office Binkie was bouncing in the snow and I knew I had to have her. I did a little wheeling and dealing with the lady and talked her down on the price and then Binkie was mine! The first thing I did was change her terrible name to Coco Olive Elliott which B later changed to Coco Butter Elliott. He is from Dumas... haha I think I actually took her to my parent's house first. They needed to meet their first Grandbaby! B met her after that and we took her to buy all of her supplies. B and I were both completely obsessed immediately. She has been a genius from day one. I'm not going to brag about all of the things she does that prove she's a genius because that would be obnoxious but she really is a genius..haha She is our first baby and we will love her forever!!!




Coco loved being an only child but about two months later her grandma and aunt decided she needed a playmate! One night while B was at work Caroline brought over my birthday gift. She carried in a gift bag with tissue paper and I honestly thought "oh she bought me a purse." I pulled the tissue paper out and little Layla Jean Elliott looked up at me! She was and still is such a little fluff ball! According to Caroline, Jeannie came from a sketchy house in MO. Her original name was Valentine. She is a little sweetheart!!!
I took her to the liquor store to meet her dad. He was a little less than thrilled. We had just finished potty training Coco and we were about to have to start again. Of course it didn't take long for him to become obsessed with LJ too, but the first few months were rough. I have to give B props, he woke up every night around three and let her out to potty because she couldn't make it through the night. We were supposed to take turns but when my turned rolled around I just couldn't get out of bed! ha Potty training her was a chore to say the least! She is really the sweetest, oddest dog I have ever been around. B is convinced if there were doggy pageants she would win every one! He also claims she poses when you take her picture. Oh and she has a mustache and stinky breath. She is our sweet little mustachio!




B is adament that we continue to let the dogs sleep with us once the babies are here! That's easy for him to say since they both sleep on my pillow! We love them both so much and we hope the babies will love them as much as we do! We are going to have a full house!







No comments: