Sunday, February 27, 2011

M and B before the 3!

Brandon and I met when I was barely 18! I had such a crush.. He loves to tell everyone that too.... I met him at a friends house and I mentioned playing tennis and he said something along the lines of "my friends and I play all of the time, I'll have to call you to play if we ever need an extra person" I handed out my teen line number, my cell phone number, maybe even my pager number (yes, I had a pager... I swear I wasn't a drug dealer I just thought they were cool. Thanks Kelly Qualls! haha), and convinced myself I had been asked on a date! That was not the case. He never called! haha I did several drive bys (his house) and I'm sure I looked for his truck around Monti!! This is so embarrassing to even type! He finally called about 2 months later when his friends actually needed a fourth person to play tennis. I played with them and I swear it is pretty much a miracle I didn't have a heart attack on the court. I was not that great at tennis and B is super competitive! I played with him and heard several times throughout the game "You need to get it together!" "run a little faster, etc" Somehow we actually won! I can't remember who we even played! Maybe Darrell and Fuller??? I guess my skills really impressed him because we started dating after that!haha
I moved to Fayetteville that summer for college and we dated long distance until he moved there in 2003 maybe??? I graduated in 2005 and headed to LA-which should be a completely seperate blog post! I actually found a journal Lauren and I kept while we were there! It's absolutely hilarious! Each post was basically like "we slept until 12, went to brunch at Toast, went shopping, saw Mario Lopez, laid out for 3 hours, went to dinner at Koi, saw Jennifer Lopez, went out at whatever club we thought we could see celebs at that night, bumped into Jessica Simpson in line for the bathroom, made the cab stop by In and Out on the way home, went to bed at 4", repeat the next day. The journal ended abruptly after two months when our parents made us get real jobs. It was fun while it lasted though! haha..
Back to me and B... B was not thrilled about the move to LA, so when I moved home after about a year he proposed two weeks later! I think to make sure I wouldn't leave again! We were in Chicago for a cubs game. I was so clueless! Even after the hotel upgraded our room to a suite and we had a limo that drove us everywhere! I even joked while in the limo, "what.. are you going to propose??? If you ever proposed to me in a limo I would die, how cheesey is that??? " -I apologize to everyone who got engaged in a limo...We went to dinner at Gibsons, B griped about the prices which was very typical for B (you would think the cheapo would not gripe about me ordering crab legs the night we were going to get engaged right??) we went back to our hotel, I opened the door and saw roses, candles, etc. It was a very Lauren Arnold proposal! haha (Lauren, thank you for helping B! He later told me, "I think Lauren was helping me plan her ideal engagement instead of yours" I'm just glad he didn't do it in public! I would have died!) I think the first things I said were "what is this" and then "who knows about this". I eventually said yes and then pretty much hyperventilated. I seriously had to sit down. After about an hour I got over the shock and started calling people. Poor B had to celebrate by himself. I stayed on the phone until about 4 in the morning calling everyone! I wish I had pictures from the weekend! I left my camera at home though! We got married a year and a half later on October 20th, 2007. Everything was perfect! I had so much fun on my wedding day (except for the mysterious illness the morning of my wedding)! We went to Maui for our honeymoon and then came home and started working together at the liquor store!
We've had such a great time together and done so many fun things in the past 10 years!!! I wish I could write about all of them! B I love you and can't wait for the next 10!!!
We Were Babies...

Our Wedding

KY Derby


Our Family






No comments: