Monday, February 28, 2011

Beer Belly



B and I are big on nicknames. Our poor dogs have about a hundred different names each. I call him B. I'm not sure why or when I even started doing that. It's not like it takes that much time to write or say Brandon. Since I've been pregnant he has started calling me "momma" which basically makes my skin crawl. My name will be mom or mommy. Never momma. It might be the way he says it that drives me crazy too. He tells me he is going to make our kids call me that. I tell him if our kids call me that they will be grounded until they stop! I will win this fight! He also calls me beer belly. This is really embarrassing when he does it in public because until recently this huge stomach might have passed for a beer belly. He even throws in a "beer belly, you need to lay off the Busch" every once in a while! One day I picked up his phone and he had a text that said "Call me tomorrow, oh and tell Beer Belly hi for me' This was from someone that we work with. Not a liquor store college boy, a grown man that we see maybe 3 times a year. How many people refer to me as beer belly now??? I'm really afraid to ask. The scary thing is this "beer belly" isn't going anywhere for a while! I would love to think that once the kids are out my stomach will immediately shrink, but I'm not naive and I know that is not going to be the case! If this name sticks B is in serious trouble!

I didn't grow this beer belly without a little help from my family though! I need to give a shout out to my mom and dad for basically being my personal chefs! Our refrigerator has been stocked for weeks! Now that I am in Little Rock Caroline and Mrs Kathy have made sure the babies are being fed!! Mrs. Kathy, the casseroles are delicious. Caroline, thank you for the constant supply of Easter candy, Life Cereal, and for serving my food on a tray. I feel like a princess. Oh and I cannot forget the Chik-fil-a fairy Lauren. Caroline gave you that name btw! The Chicken Mini's and waffle fries hit the spot. When the babies are eighteen and I have time to cook again I will have you all over for dinner! I promise.

1 comment:

Emily! said...

Your blog was literally making my LOL yesterday. Matt kept asking, what is SO funny??

See ya soon, BBelly!