Wednesday, March 5, 2014

LA!!!


At the end of January I went to LA to visit Caroline!  I can't believe this is the first time I have been out to see her! We had such a good trip! 

The first night we were there we went to Sur and saw Jax, Kristen, and Sheena.  The food was not good at all but it was neat to see the people on the show.  I still can't believe they were actually working there! 
The next day we went to lunch at the Polo Lounge and then went wine tasting in Malibu! 



That night we had dinner in Malibu at Nobu.  It was so good!!  This is a truffle scallop chip!  Yum!  Oh and Cindy Crawford and her daughter were there.  She's even prettier in person! 

Sister Sister!

Caroline was on Parks and Recreation while we were there so we had a little watch party! 
Can you see her?  She's right behind Amy Pohler in the red waitress outfit! 

One night we had drinks at Sunset Tower hotel (and saw Lionel Ritchie and Molly Sims) and then had dinner at Boa.  Both good, both fun! 

Basically we did a lot of eating, drinking, shopping, and star stalking on this trip and I loved every minute of it!  It was such a fun trip with friends! 

Blood Orange mimosas for brunch.  Quite the change from my normal breakfast of...Nothing.  Because I never have time to eat, I'm lucky to get a cup of coffee in! ha 

Jalapeño Martini at Katsuya.  Yum.  I predict spicy/peppery drinks will be the new thing in Fayetteville soon because they were everywhere in LA!  I love spicy things!


We had an eventful trip home!  We didn't even know if we were going to be able to get back to AR because even though it was warm and sunny in LA it was freezing and blizzardy at home! Our flight wasn't canceled but halfway through the flight the pilot announced that we were going to have to make an emergency landing in Amarillo because a passenger on the plane was having a seizure! We knew something was going on, we just didn't know what it was!  It was pretty scary!  We finally made it home a few hours later and it took two hours to drive home from the airport!  The roads were covered in snow and I drove like a grandma!  I've never been so glad to get home to my babies! 

This is what I came home in!  I looked ridiculous!  People were wearing parkas and I had on cropped leggings and no socks... 

It was such a fun trip and I can't wait to go visit Caroline again! 

No comments: