Wednesday, December 14, 2011

7 Months

The post and pictures are basically a month late! Ooops!


Eat-
My babies are eating machines. They love their food and will literally eat anything! I kind of fell off the baby food making train because I ran out of frozen food and my mom bought a variety pack of baby food at Sam's so I just started feeding them that. It is so much easier to just open a jar! I'm back on track though. I made a trip to Ozark Natural Foods and they have enough food to last them a few months! That place really makes you feel bad about what you eat! They are all eating four eight ounce bottles of generic Gentle Ease a day. They eat their bottles at 8, 12, 4, and 8. They eat solid foods for breakfast and dinner.. Usually at 10 and 6. Breakfast is either yogurt mixed with fruit or oatmeal mixed with a fruit. Their favorite fruits are blueberries, pears, mango, and apples. Dinner is usually a orange veggie mixed with a green veggie. They love peas, broccoli, green beans, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots. I'm going to start giving them more of a variety of foods. This week they had salmon with olive oil and dill. I'm going to start giving them lentils and different beans too! I've also started adding spices to their meals. I think instead of giving them a lot of meat I am going to try to stick to seafood beans, and veggies. They occasionally get a bite of table food. On Thanksgiving they had mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and brooks ate an avocado mixed with a little refried beans at La Hacienda the other night. They've tried organic puffs but those things don't melt in their mouths like I thought they would! Oh and Ava licked the cheese powder off of a cheeto puff! She loved it! I felt like Britney spears giving her a cheeto! haha As long as I don't put coke in her bottle I think I will be okay!
New Foods this month-Yogurt, salmon, beans, mashed potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and oats.

Sleep-
Their sleep schedule is finally clicking! They go to bed between 7:45-8pm. Although, if we are out of the house they are fine staying up until 9 or 10pm! They wake up between 8-9am, usually around 8:45am. They take an hour nap in the morning after their breakfast. Usually from 11-12. They take a two hour nap in the afternoon. Usually around 2pm. Sometimes they will take another short nap in the evening. They still nap wherever they fall. I TRY to get them in their cribs before they fall asleep but that doesn't always happen. Knox is actually sound asleep in the middle of the living room right now with the dogs barking, tv blaring, etc. Knox and Brooks still share the crib in our room and Ava stills sleeps in her bassinet basket on the floor in our bedroom. I just lay them in their beds at night and they go right to sleep! No rocking or anything! Thank goodness! They are always so happy when they wake up! They still wake up talking and laughing! I just let them play in the crib for a while before I get them out. Ava still wakes up and watches B when he is getting ready for work. So funny! B says she is nosey like her mommy!

Tricks-
I feel like they have grown up so much! I wish I could write down every little thing they do!
No one is crawling yet but Ava and Brooks really try hard. They get on all fours and rock but then they eventually lose their balance and fall over! Knox can roll fast and gets anywhere he wants to go that way! They can all sit up but they just don't stay upright for very long. Knox can probably sit up the longest and Ava the least amount of time. They all love to bounce in their exersaucer. Ava especially. She bounces so fast and pushes all of the buttons to make the music play! Knox still loves the activity mat. But instead of playing with it on his back he now wrestles it until he pulls it over. He is wild! He is literally into everything! He loves to crawl under tables and chairs and kick them with his feet. They all hold their arms up to be held. Ava is so funny. She will hold her arms up for me to hold her and if anyone else tries to grab her she will turn her head the other way. She loves her mommy and doesn't want to go to anyone else. I love this! No one is saying words yet. They babble a lot and love to blow bubbles! Knox loves to clap! He gets very excited and claps his little hands! So cute! They are more aware of what we eat now and open their mouths for bites! They are also playing with their toys more. They know what buttons to push to make music play or what buttons make noise. I'm sure there are several more things I'm forgetting!

Bath-
I'm still bathing them in the kitchen sink. They still love it! Ava thinks it is hilarious to splash us now! She also loves to try to grab the stream of water. Knox too. I can't wait until they can sit up so I can put them all in the bath tub together! I know they will love splashing and playing together!

Clothes-
They have got to quit growing! It's getting ridiculous! I am buying the boys 18 month clothes! They are still so skinny but everything is too short on them if I don't buy bigger sizes! Especially Brooks. His little ankles are showing in his jeans but the waist is baggy! I'm buying Ava 12-18 month clothes. She is growing too, just not quite as fast as the boys! They are wearing size three diapers finally! I waited way too long to switch them to size three! Their diapers haven't leaked since I switched, thank goodness! The boys wear size three shoes and Ava is probably still in a two.. I'm buying her three's just in case though.

Looks-
They just keep getting cuter and cuter! Ava still has bright blue eyes and black thick eyelashes! I'm jealous! She has light brown hair and is still the darkest complected. She is pretty skinny but does have one little crease on each thigh that is so cute! I still don't know who she looks like. She has B's eyes, my mouth and skin, and maybe my face shape! Brooks has big blue eyes and reddish hair! I wish his hair would grow in a little more so we can tell what color it is going to be! He is such a big boy! He is skinny but long and just big! He has huge hands and huge feet! Everyone says he looks like B but I think really he just has his coloring. He still has big lips that are so cute and kissable! Knox is basically my twin. My eyes, hair, skin, mouth, everything. It's pretty funny. His hair is growing in more! I love to see it when we take his little helmet off!

Teeth-
So I thought Ava had a tooth. I was wrong. It disappeared! I guess it was a tiny ulcer??? So still no teeth for any of them! Surely they will come in soon!


Ava-
Ava, you are the sweetest happiest little baby in the world. We can not get enough of you! Your little laugh is hilarious! You love love love your mommy and daddy! I love catching you looking at us in the mirror every morning. You love to be held and entertained and you let us know you aren't happy when we put you down! It's pretty funny! You don't cry but you let out a little squeal! You love to jump in your exersaucer and will play in it for hours! You also love laughing with your brothers. I will catch ya'll talking and laughing together on the floor when no one else is looking! You love your food and are a great little eater! You also love Coco and Layla. You like to pet their fur and sometimes you pull a little bit out! You think it's so funny when we whisper and you just crack up! You are a little bit of a show off! I swear you know when you are looking cute and you make sure everyone sees you and pays attention to you. We love you Ava and love watching you grow up!
Your nicknames are AJ, Ajie, JJ, and A. I like Ava!



Brooks-
Brooks, you are the sweetest cuddliest boy I know! We call you our little bear. You are such a big boy but you love to cuddle with your mommy! You sleep with your little booty in the air and it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love to watch you sleep and you always wake up so happy! You also wake up every morning talking your little head off! It's so funny. You love your brother and love Ava. You aren't as interested in Coco and Layla but you love to play with your toys. You roll around all over the floor and you are the closest to crawling. You are constantly on all fours but you always fall over before you get going. You love for us to tickle your stomach and you have the sweetest little belly laugh. You still love watching tv and even though I have cut out Hi-5 I catch you watching tv all of the time. Everyone that see's you says, "He is so serious" and then you start smiling and flirting with them! You are our happiest smiliest baby! You just love to check everything and everyone out! We love you Brooksy Bear! Your nicknames at the moment are Bear, Chewy, and Choo Choo. I prefer Brooksy!



Knox-
Oh Knoxie, you are our little wild man! You are really out of control! You are rolling all over this house! I find you under our furniture all of the time! You love to kick things and move them with your feet. You entertain yourself so well. You just talk and scream and play all day long! You play so hard you usually just crash in the middle of the floor. You can sleep through anything and anywhere! It's pretty funny. You still love your thumb and love your mommy. Especially if you are sleepy or hungry! You love playing with your toys or anything you can get your hands on. You like to stand up and this week you have started trying to crawl too! You can probably sit up and balance the best. You eventually fall over but it's a start. You always wake up laughing. It's so sweet. You don't mind your little helmet at all and I am so glad! Your dad says you look like you are ready to get on your moped and drive away! We love you so much Knoxie!
Your nicknames are Knoxie and Poo. I prefer Knoxie although you are my little little Poo Bear!




2 comments:

Amber said...

if you plan on getting rid of any of ava's clothes pretty quickly, i would love to buy her 6-12 months! winnie is a little bitty thing so we are just now getting into those really...i wish she would put some meat on her bones! ;)

Michelle said...

I'm planning on going through all of their clothes after the holidays so I will let you know what I have then!