Monday, December 19, 2011

Busy!


The last two weeks have been a complete blur! We have been so busy and time has just flown by! I really can't even remember what I did last week... Never mind, I do remember! B's mom and grandma came in town to visit for a few days, I met friends for lunch on Wednesday, that night I went to ESG to pick up takeout and ended up staying for two hours and drinking with friends while wearing slippers (Ava got her first tooth while I was gone, of course!), I took Knox to LR for another helmet appointment Thursday (Great report! He only has to wear it for a few more months), had a date night with Karrie and SB at a new Italian restaurant in town Friday (Vetro, very neat atmosphere and good food!), had a little movie watching date with B, Emily and Matt on Saturday, skipped seeing Santa in our neighborhood on Sunday because I was too cold and lazy to get the kids ready and I figured they wouldn't remember if they saw him again anyway! Gigi came to visit us too!


Sweet Ava kept giving her brother kisses on his head!
Gigi and Brooks
Gigi and Ava. Knox missed out. He was asleep!
Gigi brought the babies a surprise! A new walker! They are still trying to figure it out. They can all go backwards better than they can go forwards!


Monday I had big plans to finish my Christmas shopping so Jennifer came over to watch the babies. Knox has been sooo super snugly lately! All he wants to do is put his head on my shoulder and suck his thumb until he falls asleep! I have been taking full advantage so I haven't been very productive! I held him for two hours on Monday while Jennifer was here just soaking up the snuggle time! They are all so squirmy and busy I have to take what I can get! Needless to say, I didn't get all of my Christmas shopping done but there is always next week! Every year I say I'm going to finish shopping by December first and every year I am still shopping Christmas Eve! What is my problem??? I wish I didn't take gift giving so seriously and I could just give everyone gift cards!

Tuesday morning the babies had a little play date! Several of their friends came over! I think the babies had fun and they took long afternoon naps because they were so worn out! I enjoyed talking to people that can actually talk back for a change and holding all of the little babies! I think we are going to have to have play dates more often!

My Brooksy!
These two guys were so sweet and snuggly! I could have held them all day!

Knox just swinging!

Tuesday night B and I went to the Brooks' house for dinner. We were gone for about thirty minutes and Gigi text to tell us Brooks had a tooth and kind of started crawling! I am missing everything!!! I missed Ava's first tooth and now Brooks'! I checked his mouth for teeth that day and there was nothing! I guess it broke through super fast! He took it like a champ! He never got fussy or anything!

Wednesday night B watched the babies so I could go to a cookie exchange! It was a fun night with friends!

Thursday the babies had to get shots which is always a little hectic! Gigi met us at the doctor to help me carry them in! Knox and Ava got a little upset but Brooks never even cried! Such a tough boy! Thursday night B was a single daddy again because I had bunco!

Friday B and I went to dinner with friends and met Larry Miller! He was at Bordinos having drinks after his show at the WAC! I wish we could have seen the show! I'm sure it was hilarious!

The babies woke up bright and early Saturday morning! B was leaving for a little guys weekend in Kansas City so I have a feeling he woke them up so he could get a little play time in with them before he left! The babies and I had a fun day! Ava got her second tooth and Bennett and Sarah came over to play!

Ava and her man.

Later we went to the Penixes house for dinner and to play! I think the babies had a good time! They love watching little kids play and there were a lot of them running around! Thanks for having us over Leslie and Ben!

I'm hoping Sunday I can finish my Christmas shopping and then I'm meeting friends at the WAC to see the Nutcracker!

No comments: