Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Best Meal He's Ever Had

I'm really trying to cook more. I went to Sam's and stocked up on supplies and I've been going through my cookbooks and picking out recipes. So far I've done pretty good but one night last week I got lazy. I have a huge bag of pre-cooked chicken breast from Sam's (I hate raw chicken) so I decided to make a chicken pot pie. I pretty much just made up a recipe. It was soo easy. B came home and ate it and told me it was the "Best meal he has ever had." Really??? It had four ingredients and two were out of a can! Typical!! In the past I have cooked for hours and only gotten a C+ from him. He always tells me he won't give me an A because there is always room to improve. Ha I really don't know why I care what he says since his all time favorite meal involves hamburger meat, Doritoes, and Ro-Tel. I thought I would post this recipe since it is apparently "The Best"

I mixed two can's of cream of chicken soup, two drained cans of mixed vegetables, a splash of milk, probably salt, pepper, and garlic powder (because I add that to everything I make), and 2-3 cut up chicken breast. Poured it into a pie crust and topped with another pie crust (I used the refrigerated kind you unroll) and sealed the edges and cut a few slits in the top. I cooked it at 375 until it was golden brown (maybe 40 minutes???).

B later told me that maybe he just thought it was so good because he had run an extra mile that night so he was extra hungry....

1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

sub one of the cans for cream of potato soup...that's what my recipe calls for and it's pretty good!