Monday, July 4, 2011

2 Months!

I'm a little behind on the two month post. I wanted to wait until after they went to the doctor and we had to cancel their first appointment because I was so so sick. We finally went this week and I dreaded it! I couldn't wait to find out how much they weighed but I didn't want to see them get their shots! The appointment went better than I expected! I had a long list of questions! I think we talked to the doctor for an hour! One good thing about having three is that we get a long appointment and I can talk the doctors ear off! All of the babies looked great! They are growing so much! They still have a little catching up to do but she thinks they will be right on track by their six month appointment! I still have to mix the 22-calorie formula but she did say we could try to switch to something cheaper than Alimentum! That is so exciting because Alimentum is $26 dollars a can and we are going through a can a day! I know that sounds ridiculous but I really haven't had to buy that much! The nicu gave us a ton of free formula, B's mom sent us a case, and yesterday I received three free cases in the mail from Similac! As soon as I run out of all of that I'm going to start testing out new formula! I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time! I hope we can make a smooth transition!

The babies got two shots each. Ava went first, then Knox, then Brooks. Ava teared up and acted like her feelings were hurt, Knox growled, and Brooks let out a cry but he was done before I had time to pick him up! I didnt get upset like I thought I would. I think the nicu prepared me! A few shots are much better than iv's and mutiple foot pricks!

This is what we are doing at 2 months!

Eat-All of the babies are eating between four and five ounces of 22 calorie Alimentum five times a day. I make a huge pitcher in the morning and fill our refrigerator full of bottles! They are all pretty good eaters. They still drink ice cold bottles. Ava is the fastest eater, then Knox, and then Brooks. Brooks loves to eat a little then take a break. It usually takes them about 20-30 minutes to finish a bottle! At our appointment we got the okay to try level two nipples! I can't wait. They usually eat at 5am, 8/9am, 1pm, 5pm, and 8pm. I sometimes try to feed them a few ounces before we go to sleep but that doesn't always work. Occasionally one of them will completely sleep through a feeding and that is fine with me! It's usually Ava!

Sleep-Our sleep schedule is kind of a mess. I feel like we try something new every night! The babies are still sleeping about 7 straight hours at night. They usually take a bottle around 8pm and then I try to wake them up to feed them again before we go to bed around 11:30. They just aren't hungry then so they will only eat about an ounce or two. I've tried to skip this midnight feeding and let them sleep through but then they wake up around three! I need to pick a routine and stick with it! They really do better when they are on a strict schedule. When they wake up at three I try to put them back down without feeding them but that doesn't always work! I wish I could get them to sleep from 10pm-6am! That would be perfect! When I feed them their 5am bottle they usually go right back to sleep and then wake up around 8:30 or 9. This is my new favorite time of day! They are so happy! We all lay in bed together and they play and kick and coo! So cute! This is also the reason I've had to wash our comforter about 3 times a week! It never fails someone spits up! All of the babies love to sleep with us. As soon as I put them in bed with us in the middle of the night they are out! The boys especially! I really try not to put them in bed with us. Usually as soon as they fall asleep I put them back in their nap nannies. I think I'm going to try a sound machine soon too! We invested in another nap nanny so now we have two nap nannies on the floor next to our bed for the boys and princess Ava's nap nanny is in the crib! We still swaddle all of the babies. They can't sleep unless they are wrapped tight! We have to use the Miracle blankets every night and wrap them so tight! Regular swaddling blankets aren't cutting it anymore! Hopefully by my three month post I will report that they are sleeping from 10-10! haha yeah right!

New Tricks-They have started laughing and smiling constantly! I love it! B does too! He told me that the smiles and laughs make the sleepless nights worth it! I don't know about that... Ha One night Brooks started laughing at a painting on my wall and my mom and I couldn't stop laughing at him! It was hilarious! I literally had tears rolling down my face! It's like he would hear us laugh and then laugh even harder! Knox smiles constantly too! All you have to do is talk to Ava and she immediately will start laughing and smiling too! They have a new mobile on their crib that they love! It plays classical music and there is one song that Brooks loves in particular. It has a little flute solo and he thinks it's pretty funny! They are so much more active! They kick their feet constantly! I found a video on my phone of Ava when she was about two weeks old kicking in the bassinet. I was so impressed at the time and now when I watch it I realize she was barely moving! Ha she is so much stronger now! They all are! The boys can stand up and straighten their legs when we hold them up. Ava, is still like a wet noodle! They also open their eyes to peak at me when I talk or follow my voice when they are awake. I was on the phone with B last night and Ava heard his voice and started laughing. I think that might be it on the tricks!

Bath Time-The babies still love their baths! Sometimes the boys kick so hard I think I could put them in the pool and they would stay afloat! ha I still bathe them every day. Their formula is just too stinky not to.

Clothes-All of the babies are wearing size 1 diapers. The boys are in 3-6 month clothes and Ava wears 0-3 and some 3-6. Ava usually wears dresses and bubbles and the boys wear little rompers. They all wear gowns at night. I love the gowns that snap up the front! I've started doing a little fall clothes shopping for the babies! I'll be dressed like a hobo from now on but they will look cute! I need to work on my baby clothes vocabulary! I don't know the correct terms for a lot of things!

Looks-
Ava still has pretty blue eyes. Dr A said she thought her eyes would definitely stay blue! I really can't believe I have three blue eyed babies! Her hair is growing in pretty dark! She has the thickest black eyelashes! Mommy's a little jealous! Her skin is also much darker than her brothers! Lucky girl! She is definitely a combination of both of us. I think she has my shape of head, my nose, hair and skin, and a bigger version of B's eyes, and possibly his mouth. She does look like him in his baby pictures. I swear she gets prettier every day too if that is even possible!
Brooks is still my little Blondie! It's pretty strawberry blond actually. The hair on the back of his head is strawberry blond and the hair on top of his head is white! His eyes are very blue! I have a feeling they are going to stay that way. Brooks has very long eyelashes but they are still blond and harder to see. He still has the most kissable lips! I'm jealous of those too! He is very long and lean. Both of the boys have their daddy's legs (thank goodness!). Brooks is the lightest complected for sure. He also likes being outside the most. I will be purchasing a lot of sunscreen in the future! Brooks also has the cutest dimples I have ever seen! I use to think he looked just like B but after looking at his baby pictures I have changed my mind. I think he has B's nose and complexion and hair color but my eyes and face shape. Oh and Gigi's lips! Knox and Brooks are actually starting to look more alike! He is so cute!
Knox has the prettiest eyes! They are huge! They are still blue right now but Dr A thinks they are going to change. I think he might even end up with green eyes! That is what they are starting to look like! He also has the darkest hair growing in! His eye lashes are out of control! I think Gigi might be applying a little Lattise! Joking! Knox is still my clone. I think he might have B's lips but that is about it! He isn't as dark complected as Ava but he is still pretty dark. Both of the boys are so strong! I feel like Knox is so big but he is only in the 10th percentile in weight! I guess he just feels big compared to the 5lbs he started at! He is still a beautiful baby!

AVA- Length-22inches 25th percentile
Weight-8.13lbs 5th percentile
Head-14 3/4 12th percentile

Brooks-Length-22 3/4 30th percentile
Weight-9.13lbs 5-10 percentile
Head-14 3/4 5-10 percentile

Knox-Length 22 3/4 25th percentile
Weight-10.6lbs 10th percentile
Head-15 1/2 25th percentile


Ava,
You are the easiest baby (shh, don't tell your brothers)! You love to sleep! You really like to sleep on your stomach or on your mommy's chest! You are definitely my best sleeper! When you do wake up you are so alert! You love to look around and love when people talk to you! Even Dr A commented about how active and alert you are! She said she thinks you have a high metabolism! You must get that from your dad!ha You always know what's going on in the room! I think you might be my little social butterfly! You still love your pacifier! Especially Mr. Frog. You are still such a prissy little girl! I think you know when you are wearing a dress! Every time I get you dressed up you start laughing and smiling! You don't like car rides as much as your brothers but I think it's because your pacifier usually falls out and I don't think you are a fan of facing backwards! There isn't much to look at back there! I think you have your first cold. You act like you feel fine but you have a runny nose! You have been gagging and spitting up your entire bottle several times a day for the past few days! Dr Mommy thinks it's from the drainage. Mommy's had a lot of laundry to do lately! Our couch might smell like Alimentum for a while! haha Even when you spit up and it's shooting out of your nose you never cry! You do look a little startled! You never get upset. Ever. The few times you do your little cry sounds so pathetic and you have the sweetest little tears that drip down your face! You already have your dad wrapped around your finger.. He can't keep his hands off of you! He told me he knows you are never going to do anything wrong! Mommy's not going to let him be one of those parents though! haha You are definitely our little princess!





Brooks,
You are the happiest baby in the world. You laugh and smile constantly. We were a little worried about you at first (ha-I think you had some gas issues) but you could not be any easier! You have the cutest personality! Your dad thinks you will be our little jokester! He told me stories about things he use to do to people (like rigging firecrackers that would go off when his uncle opened his bedroom door) when he was a kid. I hope you don't take after him because mommy is a chicken! You love to go outside! If you are upset and we walk outside you immediately start smiling! You never cry! Ever. You sometimes do a little grunt that sounds like you are trying to work up a cry but you never actually get there! You didn't even really cry when you got your vaccines! You don't like your new mobile as much as your brother and sister. I think you might get bored easily and want a change of scenery! Your not a morning person. The other two wake up smiling and it takes you a little while longer to wake up. I think you get that from me! You LOVE music! As soon as we sing to you or turn on music you get so excited! You also love to watch tv! You want us to turn you towards the tv so you can watch and if we don't you strain to turn your neck to see it! We love you sweet happy boy!






Knox,
Oh you cutie! I feel like you are the oldest and you're really the youngest! You are such a snuggle bunny! You love to be held! You snuggle so close and bury your head in my chest! Melts my heart! I hope you still want to snuggle with me when you are older! You give us the biggest smiles! You wake us up laughing in the morning! It's the cutest thing! You also love your new mobile! You watch it and kick and giggle for hours! You also love to swing! We have two swings now and you and Brooks are always in them! Poor Ava! You are so strong! I have to swaddle you soo tight and sometimes you still bust out of it! If one arm escapes it's over! You wake yourself up! You don't cry you growl! It's hilarious! If you want to get our attention you start your growl! You usually don't even have tears! If I'm busy and can't get to you as soon as you start you can get pretty fired up! Your little face will turn red and the growl turns into a scream! It's actually pretty funny! You are a little social butterfly too! You love to look around! You're a very content baby. You don't have to have a pacifier. You like it okay but you don't love it like Ava! I think you have sensitive skin like me. You get a little heat rash if you get too hot! We love you sweet Knox!







I made the mistake of taking the babies two month pictures right before bed time. I had also been trying to keep them awake so they would sleep through the night. They were not happy campers! Of course the next morning when I didn't have my nice camera out or the stickers for their shirts they were happy and laughing! I thought I would include a few of those pics!



No comments: