Friday, July 29, 2011

3 Months!







I was so late on the babies two month post only two weeks have past and not much has changed! Other than them getting bigger by the second!

Eat-All of the babies are eating 6 ounces of formula at each feeding. Sometimes they leave a little in the bottle but for the most part they eat 6. We made the switch to level 2 nipples and I don't even think the babies could tell a difference. Now I'm contemplating moving on to level 3! I have 21 large bottles so every time we switch I have to buy a lot of new nipples so maybe we will stick to the level 2's for a little while longer! It speeds up the feeding process just a little but I think I had my hopes up that they would take the bottles in 5 minutes or something. Not so much! Instead of 30 minutes it now takes 15-20 which means I'm still feeding babies for almost an hour!
We are about to try to switch their formula. Our neonatologist said to not switch them until at least three months. I think we are going to try Gentle Ease first, then Gerber Good Start, and then Similac Sensitive. I'm really hoping Gentle Ease will work and we won't have to try the others! Wish us luck!
Brooks is a bottomless pit so he got a little rice cereal in his bottle on Sunday, July 17th. I was hoping it would be a life saver but he still woke up hungry at 4am! So I guess we will hold off on the cereal until the doctor gives us the okay!

Sleep-The babies are still being swaddled with Miracle Blankets, still sleeping in nap nanny's next to our bed, and still aren't on a great schedule! I'm going to have to bite the bullet in the next few weeks and try to start training them to sleep with out being swaddled and in their cribs! I also need to establish a strict schedule! For the most part they take a bottle around 11pm and sleep until 5am-6am they take another bottle then and sleep until 9am. This is good but not great! Ideally, I would like to drop the 11pm bottle and get them to sleep from 8pm-6am. That's my goal! I keep saying I'm going to watch this sleep seminar online but I just haven't gotten around to it! If I have time to watch tv I would much rather be watching my tivo'd shows. The babies still nap in their swings and they don't really have a nap time. They just sleep off and on all day. I'm going to try to work on this too! They are usually wide away from 8am-11am and 5pm-8pm but other than those times they are in and out of sleep! Ava still loves to sleep on her tummy!

New Tricks- They are turning into squirmy little babies! B says Knox is going to be walking in a month! I hope not! He can't sit still! He squirms and scoots until he is almost falling out of his swing! On July 5th he was laying on our bed and he rolled over! I think it was a complete accident! I of course pulled out the video camera but he hasn't done it since! They are all getting much better head control! We can put them in their bumbo chairs and they will sit up and hold their heads up for a while! They are really getting more and more active every day! I'm really going to try to put them on the floor more so they can practice rolling over! That is one of my goals for this month! Oh and I'm still terrible at making them have tummy time!

Bath Time- They still love bath time! I have grown to hate bath time.. I always try to get someone else to do it for me! ha Thank goodness my mom loves to bathe them! I always make deals with B like "I'll let you take a thirty minute nap if you will bathe all of the babies tonight!" He always takes me up on it!

Clothes-The babies are all still in size 1 diapers. I think it's time to move up to size 2 because we have had a few leaks but I'm going to use up our size 1's before we make the switch!
The boys are wearing 3-6 month clothes and Ava can wear anywhere from a 0-3 to 3-6. I'm buying them all 6-9 for fall. They have gotten some really cute fall clothes. I can't wait to dress them up!

Looks- They all still have pretty blue eyes. Ava's cheeks are getting huge! I'm not sure where she got those from! Brook's cheeks are a little chubby too but I think that is just because he has gained so much weight so fast! I can't wait to see if they have moved up in their percentiles on weight! Ava's hair is growing so fast! It is making B sick! He says it is making her look too grown up and he wants to Nair it! haha Knox is still my clone, Ava's still a mixture although my mom brought over a picture of me at 3 months and we do look a lot alike, and Brooks looks a little like me with blond hair! Oh and their outey belly buttons are starting to turn into inneys!

The babies went to the doctor last week to get more vaccines and we weighed them just for fun.

Ava-10lbs
Brooks-11lbs 4 oz
Knox-11lbs 7 oz


Knox better watch out! He isn't going to be our "Big Boy" for much longer!


Ava,
You are so so sweet. You are still the happiest little baby! You smile and talk to us constantly! You are always so bright eyed too! You are our fastest eater! You have come such a long way! You still spit up every once in a while but it's not as bad as it was! You love your daddy and he loves you! Happy 3 month birthday sweet girl!








Brooks,
You have grown so much! We think you have passed your brother up! You were our littlest baby and now you are the biggest! You are definitely the tallest! You are either deep in thought or laughing your head off! Once you start giggling you can't stop! It's so cute! You love to kick and play and you still love to go outside! I think you just like to look around! We love you so much and can't wait to watch you grow up!








Knox,
I love waking up and looking over at you because you always give me the biggest grin! You are so content! You love to play and kick! You are the cutest little thing! You daddy and I love your big blue eyes! You're just so happy! When you do cry it's the saddest thing! Gigi, thinks you have the most pitiful cry! I think that's why you are always in some one's arms! We can't stand for you to be upset! You are growing so much! We want you all to stay little forever! We love you Knoxie!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

happy THREE months little angels! we love you guys! cannot believe three months have passed! we will be driving them all to kindergarten before we know it!