Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our week

These boys love each other! Knox looks like a hoss compared to Brooks but there is only a half pound difference! I think this picture is just deceiving!




Monday Leslie and Madeline had a little get together at their house. I decided I would just take Ava and we could have a little girls day. We had such a great time! Thanks for inviting us guys! We had to cut the play date short because Ava spit up all over me, her, and Leslie's kitchen table and floor. It was pretty disgusting! Spit up might be an understatement. It was pretty forceful!
haha I think I picked the wrong baby to bring with me that day! Ava got dropped off at home with Jennifer and her brothers and I finished my errands!

Ava hanging out at her play date before the big spit up! Not the best picture but the only one I snapped! I'm hoping Leslie got a better one!


Leslie is a great cook. She made these cookies and they were pretty delicious! She used White chocolate chips.



Tuesday night Ava and Brooks had their first slumber party at Gigi's! They were so excited! ha They had a few spit up issues but other than that I think they were pretty good!


They had a front row seat for the Casey Anthony Trial on Gigi's bed!


Brooks got to test out the new crib too!


An afternoon nap on Gigi's bed!


I love having three babies more than anything but gosh it was easy just having one at home! I got SOOO much done around the house!

Around two the next day my mom sent me this picture with the caption,
"Help! I'm an orphan! My mommy won't come get me!"





Knox missed his brother and sister but I think he loved getting all of the attention too!




The rest of our week was pretty low key. I actually cooked three nights this week which is a big deal for me! I'm really going to try to get out my cookbooks and make new things! This week I made
Pioneer Woman's corn casserole which was delish! It's a great way to use fresh corn on the cob. B really liked it! Everything else I made I have made before!

Thursday we had our doctors appointment.

A quick picture before the appointment!


By the end of the day I was exhausted! It's hard to get myself ready plus three babies! When we got home from the appointment I ran around non stop. I did a ton of laundry, dishes, made bottles, gave baths. I wanted to get everything ready so I could go to
bunco. B watched the babies and Karrie and I went to Sarah's for bunco. I think I was there 5 minutes before B was calling. Thankfully he just wanted to make sure I ordered a shirt he wanted. B wears me out with his clothes! Sometimes I wonder what he wore before he met me (His friends have told me he actually wore plaid shirts every day! haha) I came home and our new swing was in! B had it set up and the babies were swinging away. That might not sound exciting but it was a big deal at our house! We only had one swing that consistently worked (thanks Bertrands) and now we have two and a little one that works half the time!

Friday Emily and Karrie came over and we laid around the pool and then Friday night Gigi watched the babies so I could go to the movies with Caroline. We watched Bad Teacher. It was a little raunchy but pretty funny. It was hard watching Justin
Timberlake play a dork though. I want to see Larry Crowne next!

Saturday was a rainy boring day. B let me sleep in and he watched the babies before he went to work. Then I started my routine: laundry, dishes, bottles, baths, feeding, etc. I decided next year I will make sure I'm on a boat for the 4
th! Karrie and I came up with a plan to make sure that happens! I think everyone on facebook was at the lake! I was a little jealous! I finally had to quit checking status updates!

Sunday B went for an early morning bike ride. Lance rode 25 miles! I really don't know how he does it! I am so out of shape I don't even think I could walk a mile right now! ha I decided this weekend that I'm going back to the gym on Tuesday! I have a wedding and a class reunion to get in shape for so it is time to hit it hard! Everyone wish me luck!

Sunday afternoon we had a little pool party and cookout with our family. It was so much fun! Sunday night Ava went to a little slumber party at Gigi's and B and I took the boys and met Karrie and Joseph on the patio at La Hacienda to watch the fireworks. This is the second year in a row that we have sat on the patio at La Hacienda with the Nuckols to watch fireworks. I'm not sure how we always end up there! I guess margaritas and fireworks go together! ha

The fireworks must have worn the Knox and Brooks out because they slept from 8pm-6:30am. I think they know when I need my sleep! It was so nice! They even went back to bed and slept until 9:30am! I spent the 4th cleaning and doing laundry while the boys napped. Ava hung out with Gigi and Caroline all day! I missed her! Monday night we went to my dad's for a party. It was a lot of fun!

We had a great 4th! I can't believe next year the babies will be running around! Crazy!

No comments: