Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Week

I think some of these blog posts are getting a little ridiculous (this one for example) but I can't help but feel like I have to post every single picture I take of the babies! I know I will never print them out so I feel like this is the only way they will be able to look back and see what they were up to at three months old. They are changing so much every single day! I always loved looking at old pictures and our home videos and I hope they do too! Thank goodness for my iphone or I wouldn't have nearly as many pictures of the babies! So please feel free to skip over this! haha

We didn't have much going on last week so we decided to have friends over for dinner a few nights. Emily and Matt came over Tuesday night and the Penixes came over Thursday. I felt like I should be on a cooking show because I had to get creative with my meals. Emily and Matt don't eat carbs and Ben doesn't eat anything with cheese or anything creamy. I had big plans to make veggie lasagna with wheat noodles for Emily and Matt but I got lazy so I made B grill kabobs instead and I made PW Spicy Pork sandwiches with coleslaw for Ben and Leslie. They were pretty good! Leslie made the best dessert! I will have to get the recipe from her. It was an ice cream cake made with ice cream sandwiches. It had butterfinger ice cream and caramel in it too. It was so delicious and great for my diet too I'm sure!



Sweet Madeline gave Ava kisses.


I took this one morning this week when B was telling the babies bye before he went to work. They are always so happy in the morning! I think Ava was waving at him.


The babies each got to stay with Gigi one night this week. When it was Knox's turn he got to run errands with Gigi the next day and visit his daddy at the liquor store. B can't wait to take the babies to work with him. I think this is a terrible idea. Every day before he leaves he asks if he can take a baby with him. Umm no way. I needed a babysitter one night this week and he told me to just drop them off at the store and he would watch them. I don't think I want to raise my kids in the liquor store! Their first words would be Bud Light or forty ounce!



Friday evening the babies had a Sip and See. It was so much fun! The whole family went to dinner afterwards at Bordinos and then Ava got to spend the night with Gigi.

Ava also got to spend the whole day with Gigi Saturday. They apparently had tons of fun. While they were shopping at the mall Ava spotted herself in the mirror and couldn't stop laughing! Apparently she thinks she is pretty funny! ha


Saturday while Ava hung out with Gigi I got to have a boy day with my three favorite boys. We planned to go to lunch but we had to make a few stops at the liquor store first. I really think I could devote an entire blog to the crazy things I have seen at the liquor stores. First we went to Wedington Liquor and B made the guys that work there come look at the babies in the car! haha Those poor boys didn't know what to say! They were like, "Hey babies." "Yeah they're cute Brandon." I have a feeling B talks about them non stop at work. Next we went to City Liquor and I waited in the car with the boys. B made me lock all of the doors and park in a special spot in case any drunks drove through the parking lot too fast! It's funny how things change when the babies are in the car! If it had just been me he wouldn't have mentioned any of that! While I was waiting I noticed a sign on the fence behind me. The sign says "Please Do Not Feed Nibbles." When B came out he told me Nibbles is a goat. These people have a goat in their back yard. Keep in mind this is in the middle of town. Their yard looks like something out of a hoarders episode. B told me some of the employees at City feed Nibbles their leftovers because they feel sorry for him. Apparently if Nibbles eats their food he won't eat the grass in the backyard and the lazy guy has to mow it. So he put up this sign. I have a feeling Nibbles might still be getting the occasional midnight snack from our employees! ha


Saturday afternoon B watched the babies for a little while so I could do a little shopping. When I came home Knox was the only baby awake so he got to model Ava's new clothes. He was not happy about it at all!




He eventually got pretty mad! His mommy had to kiss him and promise to never dress him in girly clothes again! B would have been so mad if he had seen Knox wearing Ava's dress! He gets mad when I use pink bibs for the boys! haha


Knox did get a few shirts of his own. He liked modeling his football game outfits much better!


Saturday night the Bertrand's had a party. My mom was going to babysit so we could go but I wasn't able to get ready before she got there to babysit. The boys had been awake all day and I just wasn't able to find time to shower! I knew it would be too late to go once I got ready so B had to go without me. I honestly would have probably been a party pooper anyway. I was so tired! Sorry I missed it Courtney and Brock!

Brooks is either very serious or smiling. No in between. Brandon started calling him "All Business" because he looks so serious sometimes. He fell asleep like this the other day and he really does look like he is deep in thought! He is such a little cutie!








Sunday we went to my dad's house for lunch. I keep forgetting to take a picture of his garden but I really need too! It's pretty impressive and huge! We got to bring home dill and corn. I'm hoping we can get a little okra too when it's ready! This is my dad's first year to have a garden but it looks like he is an old pro!

This is the only picture I took while we were there. Brooks just sat up the whole time and watched golf and the Tour de France with us. He is such a big boy!


Sunday afternoon I went to a baby shower and then we had a few visitors. Ben and Madeline came over to swim. When Madeline was finished swimming she came in and played dress up with my bracelets. Out of all of my bangles she picked the rhinestone ones to wear. I told Ben he better watch out because she is going to have expensive taste!



Oh and I almost forgot. My mom got the babies a new bath tub for the sink. So now I don't have to bend over. I think this will make bath time a lot easier!


Oh and I saw Friends With Benefits this weekend. It was pretty cute! I would definitely recommend it!


No comments: