Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cornbread Casserole

B has always said he isn't a fan of Thanksgiving food. I have never understood this. He loves ham, loves potatoes, corn, cornbread, rolls, etc. I wasn't sure what it was he didn't like. He says he really doesn't like dressing.. My grandmother has a great dressing recipe that you make in a crock pot. I tried the recipe several weeks ago and B loved it! When he asked what he was eating I told him cornbread casserole. He said it was really really good. Ha Then I told him what he was really eating! I swear his eating habits are like a little kids! My dressing was good but it wasn't as good as my grandmothers so I called her to double check the recipe before I made it for Thanksgiving. I'm almost embarrassed to admit this... The recipe calls for a box of Jiffy corn bread and a package of Martha White sweet cornbread mix. I used those but I didn't cook them first. I just dumped the mix in the crock pot... No wonder mine didn't turn out right! You are supposed to cook the cornbread and then crumble it after it cools and then add it. Oops! If B liked it before he is really going to like it when I make it the right way!

I'm in charge of making dressing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, and macaroni and cheese for our second Thanksgiving. If it all turns out okay I will post the recipes!

No comments: