Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Girls Weekend!


This weekend was my ten year Chi O reunion. It was also homecoming at the U of A! Beth Anne, Lauren, Claire, and Olivia came in town! I was so excited about getting together with my friends! I miss them all so much! Beth Anne flew in Thursday night so I picked her up at the airport and then we went to dinner with Emily at Green House Grill. When we got home I put Beth Anne to work! haha I always joke that when people come over I hand them a bottle and a baby but it's really not a joke because I do! The babies loved Beth Anne. Especially Knox! He spent a lot of time in her lap this weekend! Now I just need to talk Beth Anne into moving back to AR so we can see her and Harrison more often!

Friday we were lazy. We ate lunch at La Huerta (apparently Philadelphia is lacking in the greasy Mexican food department!) and then Claire and Joe came over to visit and see the babies! They were naturals! Even Joe jumped in and fed Brooks and played with him! I had a little talk with Ava and told her she had to look her best to meet all of my friends! Ha I put her in a cute little dress and five minutes after I put it on her she projectile spit up all over herself and me! I think Joe said it was "Exorcist style!" It really was! It still amazes me how much she can throw up! After a costume change she was ready to rejoin the party! Claire, it was so good to see you and I'm so glad you got to meet the babies! Oh and Brooks and I definitely approve of Joe!

Friday night Gigi was nice enough to give us all her reservation to Bordinos and Caroline watched the babies for me so we could go out! Thanks guys! Olivia, Lauren, Brooke, Beth Anne, Emily and I went to Bordinos for dinner. It was so much fun to catch up!

Lauren and Beth Anne
Emily, Olivia, and me.
After dinner we went to the Wine Cellar to meet up with everyone else from our pledge class! I really can't believe it's been ten years since I pledged! In my head I'm still 22 so it definitely doesn't seem that long ago! Although I definitely didn't feel 22 Saturday morning! That probably had something to do with the babies that were up bright and early wanting to be fed!

I do have something to confess.. I feel terrible. I'm going to use the baby brain excuse for this... I walked out of a bar without paying for my drink! I completely forgot about it! It was only one beer so maybe three or four dollars but I still feel bad! I'm going to try to go by this week and pay it or else I might be banned from the bar forever! ha
Ava got in a little snuggle time with her pageant coach Lauren Saturday morning! I think Lauren has a favorite baby... She doesn't do a very good job of hiding it either!
I never have time to grocery shop any more so I had no food in my house to feed my guests! No cereal, nothing! I had to make a trip to McDonalds early Saturday morning to pick up breakfast! When I got back Lauren had dressed the boys in their jerseys and Ava was wearing her cheerleading uniform for game day!

Cheering on the Hogs can be exhausting!
We were all moving a little slow but managed to get ready and get to the pit to tailgate! Everyone made the cutest and yummiest things for our tailgate! How cute are these pig cupcakes Tressa made?
I think the thing I will miss the most about football season and tailgating will be Karrie's S'more cookies. I think I had five Saturday.... I even went to the gym today because I felt so guilty about how many I ate! Emily made the cutest sandwiches shaped like the state of Arkansas too! I wish I had a picture! My mom made stuffed jalapenos that were delish too! If you are ever tailgating in the pit and want some yummy food stop by the bright blue tent in the northeast corner of the pit! I can't take any of the credit for the food because my contribution usually comes out of a box from Sam's but my friends and my mom can really cook! ha

Jennifer sent me a picture of the babies watching the game! Look at little too cool to smile Brooksy!
Mr Bennett made an appearance! I guess the triplets won't make it to a game this year. Maybe next year! They don't allow strollers in the stadium and I really just think it would be too much work to take them! I can't believe next year they will be running around all over the place! I guess this will be our last tailgate of the year too! Kind of sad. I don't think we realized it until after the game. We definitely ended on a good note though!
Karrie and Moi!
B got to come to the tailgate for a little bit! He usually works every game day but he did get to come tailgate twice this year!


Lauren was nice enough to let us all sit in her box at the game! Thanks LA! Or I guess it's LL now! What a great game! I have to be honest, I never actually watch the game but this one was more exciting than usual!

After the game we were all sitting around my den laughing and talking and everything started shaking! We thought someone was breaking in! Beth Anne locked all of the doors and Lauren told me to call 911! Thank goodness we had the news on because they announced there had just been an earthquake! What in the world is going on??? I've never felt an earthquake in AR until this year and now I've felt several! It's kind of freaking me out!

I stayed up way too late this weekend and was exhausted on Sunday but it was definitely worth it because I got to catch up with friends! I think we need to start doing this every year.

Thanks girls for coming to hang out with the babies and me! I had fun!

A note from Caroline:
Caroline was nice enough to babysit the babies Friday night and Saturday night! Thanks Carol! You were a huge help and I don't know what I would have done with out you! Ava, Brooks, and Knox wanted me to tell you that you did a great job and they give you an A+!


A few more pictures from the weekend!










No comments: