Friday, November 11, 2011

Our Sunday

Sunday the babies had their first Halloween party to attend at Cole and Cade's house! It was a great opportunity for them to break in their new costumes!










There are several things B and I have said we would do "Once we had kids." Attending neighborhood functions was one of them. We have been neighborhood outcast for a long time. We don't know any of our neighbors, we don't go to the parties, etc. So when I got an e-mail asking for volunteers for the neighborhood social committee I decided to sign up! We had our first social function this weekend. It was a fall cookout block party and costume parade! B gets mad at me for volunteering for things like this because he says he always has to do the work for me. This is partially true! I was in charge of the drinks which meant B had to load them in a huge cooler, ice them down, and then drop them off at the party! I did ride with him to drop them off so I helped a little! ha Sunday afternoon we loaded our hungry fussy babies in their strollers and headed to the party! Of course half way there I remembered I was supposed to bring a side dish! Oops! We pulled up to the party and realized we knew no one!!! We just sat there and waited for Jessica and Mark to arrive (our only friends in the neighborhood)! We ended up having a good time and we even met several of our neighbors! So now if I need a cup of sugar I know where to go! I really wish I had taken a few pics!

No comments: