Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Part 2

I had big plans to sleep in on my trip but Lauren and I were both wide awake at seven! I don't even wake up that early when I'm at home! We started the morning off with breakfast (which I also never do at home) before we headed to the spa! We basically ate and drank for two days straight! I think I was more excited about the spa than I was about cooking school! I LOVE getting pampered! Lauren and I got massages, facials, and pedicures. I had the most entertaining massage of my life. Usually I hate when my masseuse tries to chat during a massage, but this time it was completely different. My girl was big, prego, and she had a lot to say! I now know her complete life story. I was kind of waiting for a camera crew to pop out from behind a curtain and tell me it was all a joke! During my hour long massage she told me she is naming her child "Tigga Boo" My response was, "Umm, what was that?" "Tigga Boo, like from Winnie the Pooh!" Oh, of course! That makes sense! ha She also told me she was going to "Walk the baby out of her when (she) was full term at 32 weeks." I probably should have explained full term was 37 weeks but I just kept my mouth shut. Oh and her court date is coming up for beating her husbands girlfriend (he met her in the projects during his paper route) with a stick... She also put all two hundred pounds into my massage. When I would groan she would tell me, "Girl you okay! You can take it!" Ha I will definitely be requesting her when I go back! She was really good at her job and I want to see what happens in the soap opera that is her life!

After our massages LA and I got in the sauna so I could recap my massage for her! Lauren pushed some button and the sauna filled up with Vicks Vapor rub like steam. We lasted in the sauna for about three minutes! I kind of felt like a kid that was about to be kicked out of the spa for playing with the equipment and giggling too much! Next we had facials and pedicures. While we were getting our pedicures Lauren sent me a text that said, "I guess we know where Casey Anthony is hiding out now...She is giving me a pedicure." I looked up and sure enough Casey Anthony's twin was painting her toes! Cue the giggles again.
After the spa we went to lunch at a restaurant we had read about. The Food Network claimed it had the best pie or something like that. It was in the Ghetto, it smelled funny, and the pie wasn't really that great! I'm not sure I would recommend it! This is a picture of the famous pie we had to try!
Our next cooking class had a steakhouse theme! We made tall twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, fillets with Bearnaise sauce and bananas foster!

Our fancy potatoes! Mine actually got dropped on Lauren's back when it was being served! ha
I'll be honest, Lauren did most of the cooking this night. I did a lot of talking! She did a great job because everything was delicious! Except the sauce...
Chefs!
Lauren at it again!
I'm stirring the Bearnaise sauce in this picture... The Bearnaise sauce that ended up being inedible. It was so bad we had to throw it out! The teacher couldn't even figure out what we did to mess it up that bad! I should have just let Lauren do everything!
We forgot to take pictures of our plates before we started eating so this is the best picture I got! Everything was obviously really good!
Our fancy bananas foster! I'm not sure if I will be trying this recipe at home since it involves flames! I might have to leave this for the professionals!
I had such a great trip and I'm already looking forward to going back again! I would definitely recommend this little town for a girls trip or even for couples! B isn't exactly a chef but I think he would still have fun! Oh and the beds were very comfortable! They actually sold all of the bedding at the cooking school because so many people requested it! Thanks for planning such a fun gateway Lauren!

Even though I had a fun, relaxing time I could not wait to get home to these sweet little faces! I was so ready to be home to snuggle with them! I'm pretty sure they were too busy to miss me very much though! When I got home Knox was actually excited to see me but Ava wanted Gigi to hold her and not me! Little stinker! I guess she was punishing me for leaving! Brooks was asleep so I didn't get to see his reaction! These are a few of the pictures B sent me while I was gone.

Sweet Brooks! I think he missed his mommy!
Sweet Ava! Up to something I'm sure!
Knoxie trying out his new hat from Alex and Stacey!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Ha! That is the best massage story I have ever heard! Glad you had a great time.

Julee said...

These 2 post had me laughing out loud! I can just see you and LA having a blast and giggling the whole time! Glad you had a great time!