Friday, September 2, 2011

Tour de Southeast Arkansas

This weekend the babies took their first trip down south! We were going to celebrate B's grandmothers 75th Birthday! This was the longest time we have taken with them and I was a little nervous! Earlier in the week I started laying out what I was going to take with us and my cleaning lady put it all up on Friday so I had to completely start over! B and I each had one little bag and then we had about 4 big bags for the babies! We left Saturday morning so I woke up bright and early and got myself ready first. Then I put Hi-5 on to keep the babies busy while B and I packed everything up! B's mom bought some things so I wouldn't have to pack so much but I still had to pack a ton! I had to take a big ice chest for all 18 bottles, all three nap nannies, towels, wash cloths, and a ton of clothes!
We didn't plan very well for the trip down. We left town around 11:30 and the babies were going to need to eat in the next hour so we made it to Clarksville and had to pull over in a Wendy's parking lot to feed them.


Knox enjoyed stretching out during a diaper changing stop!
Brooks watched me in the mirror a lot! It would have been so much easier if I would have been able to sit next to them! B says we need a minivan! No thank you!
Ava was fine as long as Mr Frog was nearby. I eventually just tucked him into her car seat so he couldn't go far. Mr Frog goes wherever we go!

Our next stop was outside of Little Rock to visit B's cousin. I didn't take any pictures at that stop but it was great to visit Chad and Alicia. After we left I was exhausted and ready to get there but we had a few more stops! We stopped in Monticello to visit Darrell and some of B's friends that were at his house for a fantasy football draft.

Lilly and Ian got to meet the babies too!


Our next stop was going to be to Sarah and Johns house but Tripp wasn't feeling well so we went straight to Dumas. By this point it was 7:30. It was an eight hour trip to Dumas and I was so tired and sick of getting the babies in and out of the car! For the most part they did really well on the way down. They slept a lot and played with the little toys on their car seats! No major melt downs or anything!

When we got to Dumas we dropped the babies off with Ms Kathy and went out to eat at a new restaurant in town. It was apparently the place to be. It was packed with people we knew!

The babies were so glad to get out of the car and stretch and see their nana. By the way, I'm not sure I know how to spell all of these names! I just had a Grandma and a Nini and B's family is so much bigger and they have so many different names! I need to make a little key!

Mee Mee or Meme is B's grandmother on his mom's side
Paw Paw or papa is B's grandfather on his mom's side
Nana-B's mom
Poppy-B's dad
Nanny-is B's aunt Rhonda
Brandon's mom was on call that night so MeeMee and Papa came over to watch the babies in case she got called out.

Heather and her kids came over the next morning to see the babies. Cami was a big fan of the babies. Especially Ava. Cami is really hilarious! She said "Oh she has beautiful blue eyes just like me." B's mom had to tell Cami her eyes are dark brown! Ha Cami also invited me to her Justin Beiber birthday party the next weekend! She didn't seem too happy that I couldn't attend!
The two red heads!
Cami just started taking gymnastics and she showed me some of her moves. I even busted out a back bend. B asked if he was going to have to take me to the hospital after I did it! ha
The three girls! The kids made up nicknames for the babies. They called Brooks Laughy Taffy because he laughs all of the time, Knox, Cutie Pie because he is so cute, and Ava, Miss Stinker because she poots a lot! They are pretty silly! I'm not sure if Ava will want that name to stick!

This is how Ava and Poppy spent most of the weekend. I swear Ava slept the entire day in this chair!
Mee Mee and Knox on her 75th birthday!
Knox, Brooks, and their great grandparents.
Nana and Brooks. The babies wore the outfits B's mom's got them for Christmas last year. It was a tight squeeze! They are growing so fast! I couldn't button the top button on any of their outfits. B has a huge family and they all came over Sunday to meet the babies and to celebrate Mee Mee's 75th birthday!
Poppy and Ava once again snoozing! This time Mr Frog got to snuggle too!
Aunt Mary and Brooks
Mee Mee's birthday cake that was delicious!
Aunt Linda, Buddy, Peyton, and Brooks
Leanne and Knox
Ava posing!
Monica and Ava
Jan and Knox
Daddy and princess Ava
Brooks thought Cori was hilarious!
Aunt Heather and Ava
Brandi and Ava. Ava was missing Mr Frog in this picture!
Sweet Lila! We missed Cole!
Brooks thought Lila was pretty funny!
Sarah came to visit! She got to hold grumpy Knox! He was a little worn out by the end of the day! I wish I had been able to take more pictures of everyone! I think there were fifty people at B's parents house to help celebrate Mee mee's birthday!
B's mom had her hands full!
Lila and her Nanny.

Lila wanted to give Ava a hug! How cute is that!
The next five pictures were our attempts to get all six kids to smile in one picture. As you can see that is basically impossible!





The babies were exhausted by the end of the day and went to bed early. B and I left them with B's mom and went to Pine Hill to visit Sarah and John. Tripp was asleep but Stevie was wide awake and ready to entertain us! She is so funny!

The next morning we started the packing process! I don't know what we are going to do when their clothes aren't tiny anymore and take up more room in the car! We are packed enough as it is! The babies took good morning naps so I was able to get a lot done.

My little Sailor wore himself out playing in his little gym.
Ava and Knox snuggled in with B and took a nap in the chair. I think this chair puts everyone to sleep!


Monday afternoon was a big day for the babies! They took their first trip to Big Banjo! B used to be obsessed with this place. We would eat there at least twice any time we visited Dumas. He still likes it but not like he did!

There were some high school football players eating at the table behind us and Brooks watched them the entire time! He couldn't take his eyes off of them. It was pretty funny!
Nanny and Knox
Daddy and Ava!

We stopped at Mee mee and Papa's one last time before we left town. This is Mee mee and her great grandbabies on her actual birthday! I wish I had used my good camera but it was packed deep in the car!


The ride home was a little out of control. We timed it perfectly. We fed them and then immediately left. I thought this would work out perfectly.. Well we made it to Conway and had to stop because Brooks poo'd. Then we were back on the rode for about thirty minutes and B said, "I think I smell poo". I told him no, that the smell was coming from the chicken truck we just passed. When the smell didn't go away I realized he was right. I looked in the back seat and realized Ava's diaper had pretty much exploded and the contents were all over her and her carseat. Knox had also filled his diaper! Great! B pulled over at a rest stop which I freaked out about! Who stops at a deserted rest stop??? People who want to be kidnapped! That's who! I told B this and he told me I seriously had to quit watching criminal minds (I did watch an episode last week where a lady was kidnapped at a rest stop. It was the middle of the night though and we were in broad daylight and B had his stash of guns in the car). Ava was covered. B thought we should hose her off but that didn't seem like a good idea so I had to use an entire package of wipes cleaning her off! So gross! We did the best we could and finished our trip home! I was definitely ready to get home and get back to our routine!

No comments: