Thursday, September 22, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things..

To be honest I haven't really given Huggies a fair chance. I guess I should do that before I pick my favorite but the babies have been wearing Pampers diapers since they were born and so far they work great! I do think I like Huggies wipes better than Pampers though!

I have the City Select and the City Mini strollers. I chose these because they are light and very easy to fold up and throw in your car. I also like that the City Select can be a single or double stroller. The triplet strollers I looked at were just too huge and long (or wide)! These are all the different ways you can configure the City Select. Neat huh?
I bought several fancy lotions and baby washes before the babies were born and ended up coming back to this. Nothing smells better than a clean baby with Johnson's baby lotion on! I love it!
My mom bought this one day at Wal-Mart and it sat in my closet for a long time. I finally pulled it out and I love it! It is so much better than the whale that everyone registers for. It folds up and you can store it anywhere. It's made out of soft mesh so it's way more comfortable for the babies and it fits perfectly in my kitchen sink. I use to hate giving the babies baths but this has changed everything!
I really think this formula is the reason my babies never had stomach issues or colic, etc and were such happy babies! It is soo expensive and smells terrible but I think it's worth every penny and every gross smell! I don't think their little tummy's could have handled regular formula! Two of the babies are on Sam's Club brand formula now which seems to be working great too!
Before I even knew what I was having I bought two Mama Roo swings. Why? I don't really know. The babies were not fans! I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy three! My friend Courtney let me borrow her baby swing and the babies LOVED it! We just rotated the babies in the swing until finally I decided to buy two more! They are really worth every penny. They swing fast, play music, and have a mobile. The babies still nap in these things! Another huge plus is they plug in! No batteries! I think this might be the only swing on the market that doesn't take batteries.
The babies love to be swaddled. The tighter the better. They literally laugh and smile while I'm swaddling them at night. When they were little I could use any blanket but now that there bigger I have to use a miracle blanket so I can strap their little arms down! My mom found new swaddling blankets at Target last week that might be my favorite so far! I can't remember the brand but they come in S, M, and L. They zip up the front and have velcro strap things... You can use them several different ways. You can swaddle or use them as a sleep sack. I wish I had known about these sooner because that is all I would have bought! My mom said all they had were blue smalls left so they must be pretty popular!
The nicu recommended wabbanubs to us but I forgot about them for a long time. I finally got around to ordering a few to try and they have been great! They stay in the baby's mouths, they can hold on to them, and I don't have to worry about losing them! I use to find pacifiers all over my house but now the little animals are easy to spot! I also have a specific animal for each baby. Ava has the frog, Knox has a bear, and Brooks has a monkey!
I love Dr Browns bottles but I also haven't tried any other brands. I think they claim to help with gas and colic symptoms. My babies haven't had problems with either so I guess they work!


The babies love Hi-5 and I can sing every single word and do most of the dance routines too. B and I find ourselves singing these silly songs all day long! They watch it every morning and their little eyes are glued to the tv. The first time Ava rolled over it was because she was trying to get a better view of the tv because Hi-5 was on. I received the box set as a gift and I have been wearing the dvd's out ever since!
The babies LOVE their nap nannies. They are a must for any new baby I think. A, B, and K instantly fall asleep when I put them in it. I think it makes them feel snuggly! It's basically a very light portable baby bed. I take them everywhere! They still sleep in them every night next to our bed (on the floor). Now that they are getting older they are using it like a recliner when they watch tv too! ha


I have to mix 96 ounces of formula a day. This pitcher is the only way I can do it! It is really a life saver! It dissolves all of the formula in seconds. I would highly recommend it to anyone! Even if you only have to make 4 bottles a day!


I wish I had a picture of my diaper bag! It really isn't a diaper bag at all! It's a pleather bag (luggage) from Target. I think it cost $29.99. It is light, durable, has plenty of compartments, and it's huge! It has been perfect for me! A bottle spilled in the bottom of the bag without me realizing and after a few days it smelled terrible! I threw the whole bag in the washing machine and you can't even tell! It still looks great and now it smells great too! ha

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the post! I laughed the other night when I saw you had a whole plastic sleeve of diapers in your bag! I used to try to carry a cute wipe carrier and now I just carry the whole package :) gotta go with functional over cute!!
Need to see those babies soon. Hope their christening goes great!! Maybe I'll bring Bennett over Sunday if you're not worn out from the weekend! I'll txt ya.

Michelle said...

Those cute wipe carriers are made for moms with babies that don't poo! ha