Friday, September 2, 2011

4 Months Old

Eat-
All of the babies are eating 7 ounces 4-5 times a day. They really aren't on a set schedule anymore. They still eat every four hours but our schedule starts when they wake up in the morning and that can be anywhere from 7:30-9am. I have started dropping their last bottle of the night. I used to feed them one last bottle at 10 but now I am skipping it and putting them to sleep after their bottle at 7pm. I guess I'm glad they aren't on a really strict schedule because now they are able to adapt to whatever we are doing. If we aren't home to put them to bed at 8 it's not a big deal! They are still using the level 2 nipples but I think I am going to try the level three soon! The faster they can take their bottles the easier it will be for me! Knox still takes Alimentum and he will until we try to switch him at 6 months. Ava and Brooks take generic Gentle Ease that we buy at Sam's in huge containers! They are all still on 22 calorie formula. She said they can maybe stop this at 6 months if they catch up on their weight! Dr A said we can start feeding them at five months and I am so excited! I have a feeling they are really going to like food!

Sleep-
We are on a roll with their sleeping! It is really going great! They go to bed after their last bottle around 8 or 9 and then they sleep until 8 or 9 the next morning! I love it! They are still sleeping in their nap nannies next to our bed. I'm not sure what we are going to do when they out grow those! I am still swaddling them but Brooks and Ava always come unswaddled at some point during the night. I have no clue how they do it because I have their arms strapped down. It is like a little straight jacket but they still manage to get out! I thought about not swaddling them anymore but I think they need to feel snug to get in a deep sleep. I might try their sleep sacks sometime soon! I'm starting to see more of a pattern in their naps but they still don't really have a set nap time. They take a 30 minute nap in the morning and then they take a two hour nap in the afternoon and another two hour nap in the evening. If we are out and about during the day they will usually stay awake and then fall asleep in the car on the way home.

Tricks-
They are so grown up! I have really started noticing this in the last few weeks. I think they turned into infants over night instead of newborns! They all have great head control and can sit in their bumbo chairs and exersaucer without flopping over. I can also put them on the couch and they will lean back and not fall over. They LOVE to roll around. Not roll over just roll back and forth. I just keep a blanket on the floor at all times for them to scoot around on. On August 2nd Knox was on his stomach and flipped over. I was feeding Brooks and almost missed it! We all cheered loud for Knoxie! So now the boys have each rolled over once. Ava is a little behind. She loves to hold her toes so I have a feeling she will flip over any day now! The babies love to play under their play mat. They will hold onto the little toys that hang down and they know how to kick them to make them play music. They have also gotten into some of their toys. They are definitely showing more interest. Ava loves to stand up. I think she might have strong legs one day! The babies also love Hi-5 Dvd's. I usually put one on in the morning and they lay on the floor and kick and watch them. Brooks even tries to talk to the tv. It's pretty cute! They still love to play giddy up horsey. They think it's hilarious! They have all started blowing bubbles or raspberries. They think this is hilarious. They have all become very vocal and will talk to you now. The little sounds they make are so funny! They have also started interacting with each other more. For a long time they weren't able to see each other very well because they were in swings or separated but now they lay on the floor and hold hands and hit each other in the face etc. They have really started to do more and more! I think we might have some honor students on our hands!haha Just joking!

Bath-
They still love bath time. I have started bathing them in the kitchen sink which is a lot easier than the bath tub for me. Ava likes to lick the bath water. It is pretty funny. Brooks giggles when you wash under is chin. The boys still pee pee in the water sometimes. Especially Brooks!

Clothes-
Ava is wearing 6 -9 month clothes and the boys are wearing anywhere from 6-12 month clothes. All of their t-shirts are 12 month. I bought the boys True Religion jeans that are 12 month but they are still a long way away from wearing them. Their Halloween costumes are 6-12 month and they fit great! They have started wearing t-shirts and diapers a lot. Every day I tell myself that I am going to put them in their cute outfits but it is so much easier to just grab a little t-shirt! They can wear them all day and then sleep in them too. I think this fall I will get them dressed more because I'm hoping to get out of the house a lot since it won't be so hot! They have the cutest little Tom's to wear that Gigi bought them! I will have to post pictures soon! The pile of clothes they have outgrown is huge! It makes me so sad! I have had to get rid of so many things that they haven't even worn yet! I plan on posting pics of the nice outfits on fb or my blog to sell them soon! Some of their clothes are just too cute not to be worn! They are also all wearing size two diapers or really whatever size I can find! If I find an old size one that will work too! We have had several leaks lately and I don't know what that is about!

Looks-
Ava-She has the fuzziest hair! It's hilarious. It seems very fine and it is growing in so fast! She definitely has the most hair of all of the babies. Her hair is not as dark as Knox's but still pretty dark brown. Her eyes are still bright blue. I think they have gotten lighter in the past few weeks. When we were in Dumas I saw a picture of B's grandmother and I realized Ava has her eyes. They are the exact same shape and color. It was so weird because B doesn't really have her eye shape just the color. I guess that solves the mystery of where Ava's eyes came from! She has my face shape and nose and mouth. I think she might be stuck with my legs which I should apologize to her for! I was hoping she would have her daddy's calf muscles! ha At least B and I don't have cankles to pass along! She is still my darkest baby. I'm a little jealous of her pretty skin!

Brooks-Oh my little white boy! He has the biggest blue eyes that are so pretty! His eyes are getting lighter too. I'm still undecided on his hair color. Sometimes I'm sure he is a red head and other times it looks blond. I have just started calling it strawberry blond since that is in between! Gigi calls it cinnamon! Ha Carol calls him a ginger and one day my mom couldn't remember what Caroline called him but she knew it was a spice so she called him Cinnamon! He really doesn't have much hair so I hope when it comes in I will be able to tell for sure! He has B's face shape and my dimples. He still has Gigi's lips. I think he is going to be a big boy! He has very broad shoulders like his daddy. He is so white! It's pretty funny.

Knox-Knox still has very dark hair. It's still not very thick but it is slowly growing in. His eyebrows on the other hand are thick! He definitely has his mommy's eyebrows! I think I will be waxing them for him before too long! haha His eyes are starting to turn and they look like they might be green. I still can't believe I don't have one brown eyed baby! He has long skinny legs and big feet! Everyone that sees him says he looks just like me! I think he does but he definitely has B's mouth.

Teeth-
As soon as they turned 4 months old they all started drooling and putting their fingers in their mouths constantly! Knox loves to suck his middle two fingers. Brooks and Ava get as many fingers in their mouths as they can! I thought this was weird but didn't really think much about it because I figured they were all too young to get any teeth. When we were at their appt last week Dr A felt in their mouths and said she felt a few bumps! I think we are teething! I can't wait to see their little teeth! Although, they will really seem grown up once they have teeth! It's crazy how this is happening at the same time for all of them! I don't know when I got my first tooth but B didn't get one until he was 7 months old. I'm just glad it hasn't made them fussy!

Four Month Appt-
Dr A said all of the babies are doing great! The neonatologist that treated the babies at Willow Creek was working with Dr A that day so he got to check the babies out too! He said he couldn't even tell they were preemies! He commented how strong and alert they were! The babies did great at the appt. They of course lost it when they got their vaccines but they didn't cry for long. I asked about Knox's flat head and they both said that it should round out once he starts spending more time on his stomach. I also asked about Brooks being a sweaty baby! She said that there is nothing wrong with him he just sweats! Poor guy! He's going to have to wear deodorant to kindergarten! Brooks finally passed up Knox on the weight and height! I can't believe little Brooks has gotten so big! It makes me sad! Ava is still a pound behind the boys. She just can't seem to catch up! I guess that's not a bad thing though! They seem to be right on track with their development! That's always good to hear. She told us by their six month appointment she would like for them to be eating baby food! I can also drop the 22 calorie formula at the 6 month appointment if they have caught up on weight. Right now it looks like they are going to be tall and slim. They are growing up too fast!

Ava-
Height-24 1/2 50th Percentile
Weight-12.9 25th Percentile
Head-15 1/2 10th Percentile

Brooks-
Height-25 1/4 60th Percentile
Weight-13.11 25th Percentile
Head-16 10th Percentile

Knox-
Height-25 50th Percentile
Weight-13.9 20th Percentile
Head-16 1/2 40th Percentile

KNOX-
You Love Love Love your mommy. You are always looking for me! I of course love this! Your daddy calls you mommy's boy. You are the snuggliest little guy I know! You will literally wrap your arms around us and squeeze! You love to laugh and smile. You also really like little kids. Any time there are kids around you will laugh at them and try to get them to talk to you. You have also started talking your little head off! You always have something to say. If we aren't paying attention to you you will let out a little shriek to get our attention and then laugh about it! You have a very deep voice. I can't wait to see if your voice stays like this. Your daddy thinks you are going to be a little ladies man since you are such a flirt. I know it's crazy because you are a baby but you almost seem very confident. You like all of the attention on you at all times! I think you are going to be a little social butterfly! You love to lay on your play mat and kick and kick. One night your dad asked if I gave you caffeine because you were out of control! Your legs were going ninety to nothing! You will play until you literally crash! It's pretty cute. You also love to hold on to things. When I hold you you grab my shirt and won't let go. You've started grabbing my hair and necklaces which isn't very nice! ha We love you so much Knox!




BROOKS-
Brooksie, you are our little funny man. You are so giggly and sweet. You laugh all of the time. Once you start you can't stop. I love it! You wake up with a smile on your face and it never goes away! You are so strong. You are a little hoss. You can play for hours under your play mat. You just roll from side to side but never really make it over! You still love watching tv. You talk and kick during the songs on your shows. It's so freaking cute! Maybe you will be a little musician. You love to look around and watch people. You always play with your hands which is so cute! You will fold them in front of you and get a serious look on your face like you are deep in thought. Nini said you are going to be a little business man! You love your mommy and your daddy so much! You just light up when we talk to you! You still love to go outside and your daddy loves to take you on runs with him! You were the first one to sit up in our stroller like a big boy! We were so proud of you! You are my best sleeper too! You can sleep for hours and hours. I guess you get that from me! You can be so squirmy too. You don't squirm at all when I'm feeding you though because you love to eat! You always drain your bottles and act like you want more! I really think you are going to like solid food! I love you so much Brooks and can't wait to watch you grow up!



AVA-
Oh Ava my beauty queen. What a little princess you are! I could literally just eat you and your little fat cheeks up! You have the funniest little personality! You are such a little priss! You like to bat those thick eyelashes at people and tilt your head to flirt! It's so very cute! You love your daddy! You follow him around the room with your eyes and if he doesn't talk to you immediately you will let out a little squeak to let him know he forgot about you! You will smile and talk to anyone who pays attention to you! Even when I'm talking to your brothers you think I'm talking to you and you smile at me! You never ever get mad. I can't believe this because your mommy and daddy can both have tempers! You are just so laid back and calm. You have the cutest little voice. It is so soft and sweet. I think you will be a little talker! You are still obsessed with Mr Frog. I think now you are just as attached to the little stuffed animal part as you are with the paci. Even if he isn't in your mouth you still make a sucking noise. It's hilarious! You are very snuggly and love to be held. You also still love to sleep on your stomach with Mr Frog under your arm of course! Oh and you have one little fat roll on your thigh which I am loving! You are still pretty skinny though! We love you so much Ava and can't wait to watch you grow up!





2 comments:

Jerry said...

Hi Michelle, I am Lisa McGuire, I am Scott Wenzels Mother in Law. After he came to visit you recently, I started reading your blog. Your children are precious, I love watching them grow! :)

Michelle said...

Oh thank you! You have a precious grandbaby too! We need to get all of these babies together soon! How cute would that be? Scotty needs to visit more often! I miss him!