Friday, September 2, 2011

Emily and Matt are getting married!

I think something is in the water! Everyone is getting engaged! It's so exciting! Thursday night Matt called me and told me he had the ring and he was going to propose! Matt came up with a plan that I approved and everything was ready to go! Emily told me a long time ago that she was sure she would know when Matt was going to propose because he wasn't a planner so if he planned something she would know it was coming! I made sure to pass this message along to Matt because I really wanted her to be so surprised!

Karrie, Tressa, and I were all over the planning! I even skipped the gym on Friday to run around town to get everything ready! We ordered a cake and cookies, rounded up all of our friends, and planned to surprise Emily at the bar at the Inn and Carnall Hall after he proposed to celebrate!

Emily came over that afternoon to visit and I went on and on about how bored I was going to be that night and how I wished I could get a babysitter so I could at least take a shower, etc. I was really thinking that Emily needed to hurry and leave so I could get ready in time to be there! Emily really had no clue, which made it so much more fun! I'm also so glad Jennifer was able to babysit or the babies would have been hanging out in the bar all night celebrating with us! B had to work and my mom had eye surgery and can't pick the babies up for a week so Jennifer was a life saver once again!

I some how turned into the official photographer of the night so I have a million pictures to post!

The cake was so cute until I stuck my finger in it trying to take a picture of it (I'm a great photographer right? ha I doubt Jason Hudson ever sticks his fingers in people's cakes!)! It still tasted great though!






Emily and Matt should feel very loved because they had quite the crowd there to celebrate! It was such a fun night! Poor Emily probably had to tell the story of how he proposed about ten times!

The boys weren't quite as enthusiastic as we were! ha They pretty much sat in the corner all night and talked about sports, etc. instead of rings, flowers, and dresses!


Can you tell Emily is excited? ha

Em, her mom, and her bling!

Matt was pretty excited too!


I look like a rodeo girl in this denim shirt. I swear it didn't look as bad in person (at least in my head it didn't) but in pictures I look like I should have a hat on my head, boots on my feet, and possibly a horse out back waiting on me.





The happy couple! I bought Emily a special wine glass to drink out of for the night and completely forgot to give it to her! We will just have to pull it out for her bachelorette party! Which we need to start planning asap Em!






The bride and the rodeo girl...

Umm we got a little silly by the end of the night! Tressa made a friend at the bar and he bought us all champagne. He said, "Any friend of Scott and Amy's is a friend of mine." Scott and Amy were apparently getting married the next day at Carnall Hall! ha Tressa said "Oh we just love Scott and Amy and thanks again for the champagne!" Ha Poor old man!









Aww, they really love each other! ha

Ta da! Emily was at my house about two hours before Matt proposed telling me about how bad she needed a manicure! I couldn't think of a way to tell her she better hurry and get one without giving it all away! Emily also picked up the card I was going to give her and said "Oh cute card! Who is this for?" Thank goodness Caroline just got engaged and I could tell her it was hers!



Tressa had to give the ring a test run!
It was such a great night celebrating a great couple! I can't wait for the wedding festivities to begin! Emily is so creative. I have always told her when she gets married I will have to have to start researching ideas for her showers months in advance because I am not nearly as creative as she is! It will definitely take me that long to prepare!

Congrats you two!