Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Big Day

On Friday, the actual birthday, we had a cookout with family at our house to celebrate!  It was pretty low key and fun!  B grilled burgers, my dad made his baked beans, my mom made pasta salad, and we ate on paper plates! Easy breasy and just perfect!  I don't think I could have handled much more! 



Ava looked so cute in her birthday dress!  She got passed around a lot! 

Gigi and Ava

Poppy and Ava 

Daddy and Ava!

Jenny and Brooks



After we finished eating it was gift time!  They are getting really good at tearing into presents!


Gigi gave them new four wheelers!  Ava got a pink one and the boys got a green one!  All of the boys put them together so they could test them out for us!   


 Brooks wasn't so sure about it at first!  Gigi had to help him a little!


He was holding on for dear life! 

Ava thought it looked pretty fun though! She was ready for her turn! 


Knox, on the other hand, loved it!  But that wasn't really a surprise! 


Watch out world!  Knox is on the loose! 


 He was having the time of his life! It was so sweet!




I can't tell you how hard I laughed watching them ride their new toy.  They ran into a few walls but they had so much fun doing it!  

Ava couldn't wait for her pink four wheeler to be put together! She had to get a quick ride on the boys! 


 She liked it!  


 She liked her pink four wheeler better though! 






We have to work on our steering a little bit but other than that they have figured it all out! 

Our one family picture of the day! Mommy was looking a little rough! 



Cookie cake time!  I think we paid Ricks Bakery's light bill this month after all of the cakes we ordered!  I decided to switch it up and go with a cookie cake for the actual birthday!  I'm glad I did because it was really good and pretty cute!


Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!  








Since Ava wouldn't wear her birthday crown my dad wore it for her! 





 Playing with their new toys! 

Sweet Boy! 


Knox was obsessed with Ava's tutu!  He didn't understand that it was attached to her! Poor Ava! 


Sweet girl! 





Bed time for the birthday girl! 


It's been two weeks but I still can't believe they are one!  Where did my babies go?


PS-The babies got the sweetest birthday texts and phone calls from all of their friends!  Karrie even sang them Happy Birthday over the phone! Thanks everyone for making their day so special! 

No comments: