Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recipes

I haven't cooked in so long but now that the babies are eating table food that has to change!  I like to cook but it is expensive and a lot of work!  Last week I planned out all of my meals and made a detailed grocery list.  I prepared a lot of things on Monday while Jennifer was watching the babies.  If I can do that every week I might be able to keep this up! I just don't have time to cook in the evenings and take care of the babies!  If I knew they would take a nap every afternoon that would be different!  

Monday night B grilled steaks and I made herb oven fries, sauteed squash and zucchini with tomatoes and Parmesan and a grilled Caesar salad! The fries were a pinterest recipe and the squash is something my mom makes a lot that I just copied so I don't have a recipe for that.  

This is the recipe for the salad! 






I also made blueberry muffins for the babies!  I've never made homemade  blueberry muffins but these were really good and pretty easy to make! 







I love spring or some people call them summer rolls but I've never made them.  My mom use to make them a lot with salmon and spinach.  I'm not a huge fan of salmon and I didn't have her recipe anyway so I kind of made up my own!  My summer rolls had shrimp, cabbage, spinach, cilantro, carrot, and asian rice noodles.  I also added a little hoison sauce for moisture!  They were good!  


This recipe kind of explains the process of making them. 





I served them with a hoison glazed salmon salad.  B gave it an A.  Not an A+ but getting an A from him is a pretty big deal! 

The babies were big fans of the salmon too! 


I also made Pioneer Woman's lasagna.  It is probably my favorite lasagna recipe I have found!  I always use slices of mozzarella cheese instead of shredded!  I think it makes a big difference! 






I also made homemade chicken noodle soup.  I don't have a recipe for this I just kind of make it up as I go!  The babies liked this too!  

Now if I could just keep this up!  I'm not off to a great start this week! 

No comments: