Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baseball!

B and I thought it would be a great idea to take the babies with us to Fort Smith to watch my cousins baseball games! It was not such a great idea! Ha Before we left I was texting a friend and told her what we were doing and she said " You are one brave mama!" I responded with "No, I'm just a bored mama that is ready to get out of the house!" I was a dumb mama!
Jennifer babysat for me so I could get ready for the game and get the babies ready. They looked so cute! The boys had new matching outfits on and Ava was wearing the cutest leopard dress and her new shoes! The diaper bag was packed, the strollers were loaded, we had a person for each baby, we were ready! Or so I thought... The babies lasted about 15 minutes at the game! It was probably 100 degrees. There was zero shade! I think baby Knox had a heat stroke! I felt like as soon as we got there we were loading them back up! The fifteen minutes they were there we had a dirty diaper and a few crying fits! I think we are going to have to try this again in the fall when it's a little cooler! My mom and Nini were nice enough to take the babies home and babysit them so B and I could stay and watch Walker and John play.

I didn't even have time to pull out my camera but I did snap a few cell phone pics to document the babies first Little League games! Little Brooks was the perfect Angel! Never cried at all the whole night! Ava and Knox were a different story!


Ava was checking out all the cute little boys on the field!


Knox was having some problems!Ha I had to hold him the entire time! He did not want to sit in the stroller! I think I almost had a heat stroke too! As soon as the babies left with Gigi, B and I went to the concession stand for an icee!


Go Walker go! He got several good hits but his team lost by one point in extra innings! It was a heart breaker! I didn't get a picture of John but his team won and he was the closing pitcher which according to B is a big deal!


We spent most of the game standing next to the bleachers trying to find a little shade!


Gigi and Nini were going to bring the babies to Georges after the games so we could all have dinner. That didn't work out either! I called my mom to tell her the games were over and she told me Knox and Ava had been crying for the past two hours and they were finally asleep! She said it was the longest she had ever seen them cry... Poor babies. So B and I went to dinner with Stacey, Alex, and the kids and brought my mom takeout! Thanks Nini and Mom for babysitting!

I think Ava is starting to figure out how cute she is!




This is what Ava thinks about having her picture taken.




Cousins!


The babies were completely exhausted when we got home! They slept until 5am! That is a new record! They went eight hours without eating! We are one step closer to sleeping through the night! If going to baseball games helps them sleep through the night we might be visiting the Little League field more often!

No comments: