Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Our Weekend

Monday B's mom came to help! She has basically been here every other week to help us with the babies and it has been so nice! She always keeps the babies in the guest room with her at least one night when she is here. There is nothing better than a full night of uninterrupted sleep! Monday night we went to Shogun and the babies came along. I'm slowly learning what restaurants are kid friendly and which are not. Shogun was an easy place to take them! We sat outside and I think the babies enjoyed the breeze while we enjoyed the sushi!




B's mom took this pic. Ava looks a little out of it but it's still pretty cute! B told me this week he wants me to frame it for his office at work.



Tuesday was when the week went to poo! I woke up in the middle of the night freezing! I woke B up and told him he had to go get another blanket for the babies because they must be cold. He looked at me like I was crazy and told me it wasn't cold at all! I put on a pair of socks and grabbed a few extra blankets and I was still freezing! An hour later around 2am the stomach virus hit! It was terrible! I haven't been that sick in a really long time! I completely am to blame! I was telling someone last week that "I can't even remember the last time I was sick! I never get sick! blah blah" I jinxed myself! B's mom was nice enough to stay an extra day and take care of me and the babies! Ms Kathy, I owe you big time! I felt so bad I didn't even get out of bed the next day! I was so afraid the babies would get sick too! I missed the babies so much and they were only downstairs! I spent the whole day looking at pictures of them on my phone! I never even turned on the tv. The babies didn't get sick but Thursday night B did! We were supposed to go to the concert at Gulley Park but I wasn't feeling 100% so we skipped! I'm so glad we did because B got sick that night! I knew something was wrong because he went for a run and came home and laid on the couch. I looked over and he had rolled off of the couch and onto the floor! ha He was moaning and groaning! So, I got to play nurse for the next few days!

Friday, B was recovering so Jennifer babysat the babies and I went to lunch with Karrie, Emily, Bethany, Porter, and new baby Rutledge! After lunch Karrie, Emily and I laid out by the pool. We are going to have to do that more often! Friday, B was still dying-Btw, B is the worst patient ever! When I was sick I was miserable but I kept it to myself! B did have to go to the store for Sprite, crackers, and medicine but other than that I think I was pretty easy! B on the other hand, was not easy! At one point he asked me to rub his stomach!!! Are you kidding me??? haha My mom watched the babies Friday night so I could go meet people for dinner! It was nice to get out of the house! I needed a break because Thursday and Friday B slept in the guest bedroom and I had the babies all night by myself! I have to say I don't know how single parents do it. It was tough!

Saturday B was back at work and my mom and I took the babies shopping! We started at a children's store in Rogers. In the thirty minutes we were there we fed three babies and changed three diapers. At one point I was in the car feeding Knox and my mom walks out of the store with Brooks. I of course asked where Ava was and my mom told me a worker was feeding her! I'm sure they were ready for us to leave! We went to the Promenade next and that was nice because we were able to stroll in and out of all the stores. Of course we got a ton of looks! I called B while we were shopping and told him how cute the babies looked in their matching outfits and he said "I hope you didn't make Ava wear one of those ridiculous bows!" ha He doesn't understand girl stuff!
Oh and we got to try the new TCBY for the first time! Sarah and Jared, the store is so neat, the service was great, and my yogurt cone was delish!

Just hanging out in Ann Taylor.. Brooks is such a happy baby! The boy smiles all of the time!




I sent those pictures to B and he said "As bad as I hate shopping that makes me wish I was there" Aww, such a good daddy!

Saturday night Scotty and Jeff came to visit the babies! It's crazy that so many of my friends have babies now! Scotty has a new baby girl that is a few months older than mine. I told him his little girl Zoe could date Knox or Brooks. He quickly told me she's not allowed to ever have a boyfriend! haha Jeff has two little babies that look just like him! They are so cute!




B was working so I rented a movie on On Demand. It was the worst $6.99 I have ever spent. I couldn't watch the movie it was that bad. I honestly can't remember the name but it had Mandy Moore and Kellen Lutz. TERRIBLE. By the time B came home I was exhausted and cranky! As soon as he walked in the door I handed him a baby and I went to bed! I think he got home at 9:45 and I was asleep by 10.

My Sunday started at 4:30am when the babies decided to wake up. I put them back to sleep but they were awake and fussing off and on until 6am when I finally gave up on going back to sleep. The babies love to lay on our bed and play in the morning. It was all fun and games until Ava projectile vomited all over our comforter-that I had just washed the day before. So I threw the comforter in the washing machine and Ava in the bath tub. What a way to start my day! I was bathing the last baby, maybe Brooks, and B came in the bathroom and asked me what I wanted for breakfast. I said "you mean lunch" then he told me it was only 9am! I thought it had to be at least 1pm! I looked at Ava and said "Before you came along mommy and daddy would sleep until noon on Sundays! I guess not anymore" The little stinker laughed out loud! I miss my sleep!

A few hours later Knox was screaming his head off and B was on the verge of losing it so I said lets just put him on the dryer (he loves that). I asked B to throw the freshly washed comforter in the dryer. He instead threw it on the dryer door. The comforter was soaking wet and probably weighed thirty pounds. It completely bent the dryer door and broke it! I yell at B (I do 50 loads of laundry a day, I have to have a dryer), B yells at the dryer, Knox is yelling at both of us, CHAOS! It was just a crazy morning! We all had to take a time out. B went to the sno cone stand, I rocked on the back porch and talked on the phone, and Ava got booted out of the swing so Knox could use it!

Our day got better because Karrie, Joseph, Clint and his girlfriend came over to grill and swim. Clint brought hamburger meat from one of his parents cows! My burger had a name at one time! Pretty weird! haha I will say it was pretty yummy though! I felt like such a nature girl eating off the land! We had home grown hamburger meat, squash from our garden, a salad made with Bradley tomatoes (thanks to my mom missing a turn on her way home from FL and driving through Monticello by mistake!), and corn Karrie and Joseph brought from Dumas! It was pretty yummy!

Knox laid back during our cookout! He was wearing his Back Porch t-shirt Gigi brought him from the beach!


I always joke that we invite people over and then put them to work. But, we really do. Karrie fed all of my babies for me and literally held one of them all day. Joseph fixed my dryer and our sprinkler system. Can you believe that? Thank god we have handy friends! Joseph literally saved us probably three hundred dollars (actually more like $1000 because I had decided it was time to upgrade the washer and dryer) and Karrie can get my babies to eat better than I can. Poor Clint sliced open his hand as soon as he got here so we didn't make him do any manual labor today but he did put together all of my nursery furniture with B and he tore out all of the old cabinets in Ava's room so he has paid his dues! The bad thing is we can't reciprocate because B can't fix anything! ha Just joking!


Karrie was telling Ava she was going to take her home with her for a bunking party and Ava thought that was hilarious! She laughed and smiled!


I'm looking forward to this week except for Thursday when the babies have to get their first shots! We had to cancel their appointment last week because we were all sick!

PS-I had on a pair of cut offs today and B just said "I'm glad jean shorts are coming back in style, they are very durable and comfortable." He was 100% serious. What a dork! If you see him wearing jean shorts next week it's all my fault!

2 comments:

Emily! said...

Oh no. If I see B in a pair of carpenter jean shorts, i'll call you pronto. Love the recaps!

The Nuckols said...

I LOVE the trips! Can't wait to see them again!

Oh, I'm not sure what I'll do if I see B in jorts!