Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The middle of the night

One of my favorite times with the babies is their 2am feeding. They are so sweet and calm and they always eat so well too. This is also my time to play on the Internet! One night around 3am I decided to document our night.

This is Coco's position. She stays on my pillow all night. She loves to snuggle her head as close to mine as she can. This is why my dogs go to the beauty shop once a week! I can't have smelly dogs in my bed!


Layla is a roamer. She sometimes even buries herself under the covers. Always on my side though! As soon as B gets out of bed she runs and jumps on his pillow! He hates that! haha He covers his pillow up with another pillow so Layla Jeans cooties won't infect his pillow! Oh and we have six pillows on our bed. I only use one... B thinks he wants all three babies in bed with us. Can you imagine??? Two adults, three babies, two dogs, and six pillows... I don't think so!


This is Knox's spot. He sleeps in a nap nanny in the middle of our bed. Sometimes we switch and put him in the crib so the other two don't feel left out.


Ava and Brooks love to snuggle together. One night I tried to put all three of them all in the crib together and not use the nap nanny. It was a rough night. I had to get up and put their pacifiers back in about twenty times!


Knox always wakes up first to eat. He fusses a little to wake me up and then he gets his bottle! I think this night he woke up at the same time as Brooks so I fed Brooks and B fed Knox! B is always half asleep while he is feeding the babies. He always props them up in weird positions too! The other night he was feeding Ava and he had her propped up on his pillow. I looked over and Ava and B were both snoring. The bottle was hanging out of her mouth dripping on the bed. I had to wake them both up to finish the bottle! I really wish I could post a pic of B with his breathing machine on but I think he would kill me! haha


Sweet Brooks.


Sweet Ava.



I have a little routine I go through while I'm feeding them. I start with facebook and get caught up on that. Then I read People.com and Page Six. Then I check all of my favorite blogs. Then I check the weather, not that I get to spend much time outside these days! I finish up the night with twitter! This is how I stay caught up on all of my celebrity gossip! haha





I think the babies just seem snugglier in the middle of the night. My gosh I just love her.







Sometimes we sleep like this.... Only if a baby wakes up early and I'm too sleepy to get up! I think Knox figured this out and he started waking up an hour early every morning. As soon as I would put him in bed he would quit crying. Can you say spoiled??? Little Brooks figured this trick out too! I'm really going to try to quit doing this though.. Mee mee told me this weekend that B's grandfather, who was one of 13 kids, (four sets of twins!! Can you imagine!) had a brother that died because he was smothered in his parents bed! Ahhh! I think that story scared me enough to keep the babies out of my bed!


Oh and I don't warm their bottles in the middle of the night. Some people probably think that is terrible. The babies don't seem to notice at all. In fact, I think they might like cold bottles.. Thank goodness these babies are easy to please!

No comments: