Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our Weekend

I'm a little behind on the blogging. This was actually Memorial Day. I'm going to try to be a little better at this in the future!

I love this weather! I really can't believe it has finally quit raining! We had a very nice low key weekend with our sweet babies. Caroline finally made it back from her vacation and I scheduled her to babysit immediately! haha She kept the babies Friday afternoon so I could run errands. I did a little shopping, got a pedicure, etc. It was so nice! While I was out my mom called me and told me I should probably go home to help Caroline feed the babies. I assured her if I could do it by myself so could she. Carol called five minutes later to tell me chaos had broken out at the house. Two babies were crying at once and she didn't know how to feed them both! I gave her a little pep talk and told her I had just told mom she could handle it and she couldn't let me down! She pulled it together and the babies were fine and I got to finish shopping! Friday night I was home alone with the babies so we watched a movie. I can't remember the name but it was the movie with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. It was cute! I LOVE going to the movies. Pre-babies I went all of the time. I guess now I'm going to have to catch them all on On Demand!

Saturday I did a little cleaning and laid out. Caroline watched the babies for a little while that afternoon so I could go to Westwood to buy a few more plants for my pots. Every year I ask for the easiest flowers to grow and every year I still manage to kill them! My new plants have only been in pots for 2 days and they already look like they are dying. Emily and I decided they are probably just in shock...haha Is that possible???




Sunday the babies were recognized in church. The babies can't be around crowds yet so we weren't able to make the service. We would have loved to go because our friend Miller was being christened that morning too. Congrats Miller! These are the carnations that were on the alter for our babies.


Mark was knocking on our door bright and early to start cooking out. B and Mark went to the store and I stayed home with the babies. They cooked so much food! Thank goodness they started early! B is famous for inviting people over to eat and then not having the food ready until ten at night. In fact the last time he cooked ribs we had The Nuckols and Penix's over and the Penix's had to leave before the food was ready because it was so late! I think that night we ate at 11... I haven't cooked in so long but I managed to whip up a dip and cookies for dessert. The babies were perfect angels all day. They slept in the house while we were all outside in the sun. I loved having so many helpers! I was passing babies and bottles out all day!

The babies wore their new outfits for the cookout. How cute are they??



Are these not the cutest socks you have ever seen? Oh I love her!






I hate I don't have a picture of Austyn too! She had on the cutest shoes I have ever seen!


Flies invaded our house! I don't remember them being this bad in the past! Karrie was pouring a glass of wine and noticed a fly was floating in the bottle! So gross! I forgot to throw away the bottle and Emily almost drank out of it! So glad I was there to stop her. You owe me Em!


Ava went through several costume changes during the cookout. This is one of her bathing suits for the summer. She's ready to jump in!


She was over the picture taking! Or maybe she was over the headband...



Monday B went to work and Nini came to visit. We had lunch and sat by the pool with the babies. It was a great way to end our holiday weekend.



This is pretty much what we did all weekend. Sat in the backyard and snuggled! I hope the rest of our summer is as fun and relaxed as this weekend! What a great start to summer!

No comments: