Thursday, June 9, 2011

What we have been doing..

Stacey and Cali stopped by for a visit last week.


Cali helped my mom with the babies while Stacey got her hair cut. Thanks so much Cali! Come back and visit soon!



Friday night B had to work so Carol and I took the babies to my dad's house for dinner. It's always nice to get out of the house! He made beef tenderloin and it was yummy!

Is this hooded sweatshirt not the cutest thing? Still a little big but they can grow into them!


Brooks was a perfect angel. This is what he did the entire time. He never even made it out of his car seat.


Little Ava was not a perfect angel. She pretty much cried from the time I left my house until we got home. I'm not sure what her problem was! She never cries. My dad and Carol were sitting on the floor trying to calm her down!


A rare moment of peace.


My dad brought the babies a little surprise from Branson. Their first cigs! This is pretty funny since I am the tobacco nazi. B just thought his mom was bad! haha My hound dog nose can pick up smoke a mile away! Between B and I our kids are going to have a hard time getting away with things!


Ignore the girly blanket! I forgot to pack the boys blankets in the diaper bag.
I think he was probably calling the Hogs in this pic! To bad they lost!


I think in this one he was probably saying "Go team go!" haha


Mee Mee came in town to visit the babies this weekend and meet her three newest great grand babies! She was such a big help. I called her the baby whisperer. One of the babies would have a melt down and she could calm them down immediately. I think her baby skills are probably from having 8 kids, 18 grand kids, and 26 great grand kids (these numbers could be wrong but that what B's mom and I came up with!)


Karrie and I laid out by the pool on Saturday while mee mee watched the babies! She also brought us a ton of vegetables from her garden and cooked them for us while she was here. Thanks again mee mee!


Saturday night Karrie and Joseph came over and we cooked out. We had so much food! We made Pioneer Womans olive cheese bread (if you haven't had it you have to make it soon!), Pioneer Womans fluffy new potatoes (yummy too), Libby's corn-you grill corn and then brush with mayo and sprinkle chili powder and parmesan cheese on them then broil, beef tenderloin, sauteed mushrooms, mee mee's green beans, and then a pie that that Karrie made that was soo good. Fatty (me) had two pieces! This is the pie before Joseph squished it!Ha It still tasted delicious. I think I might try to make it tonight.


Banana Pudding Pie
Crust-
3/4 box of vanilla wafers
1/2C butter
Crush vanilla wafers , add melted butter and press into pie plate. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes

Filling-
1/2 C sugar
1/3C all purpose flour
2 large eggs
4 egg yolks (save whites for later)
2 C milk
2tsp vanilla extract
Mix first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over med heat, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Arrange slice bananas over the crust (usually two bananas). Pour 1/2 of the filling over the bananas, arrange left over vanilla wafers (whole wafers) over the filling, then add the remaining filling over wafers.

Meringue)- (This is going to be my problem area!)
4 egg whites
3-4 tbsp sugar
Beat egg whites on high with mixer until foamy. Slowly add i tbsp at a time until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over the filling and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool.

UPDATE- I made the pie and it was delish. B gave it a 6 out of 10. He said he knocked it down a few points for my meanness. Ha I did stir the ingredients in the saucepan constantly because mine stuck to the bottom a little bit.

Sunday Ms Robyn, Mr Johnny, Ben, Chelsey, and Baby Jack-who I will probably call "baby Jack" for the rest of his life, thanks to Olivia, since I still call O's dog "baby Nick" came over to visit and meet the babies!
Baby Jack is a week younger than the triplets but so much bigger! He is such a cutie!

I think I have fifty pictures on my phone of all of these babies! They were all so cute! baby Jack slept through the chaos! There were literally eight people crowded around all of them taking pictures! It was hilarious! We of course sent them all to aunt Olivia so she would get really jealous and move home! I think it might have worked!




Oh and I'm not sure if I'm happy about this but Ava got her first kiss. Actually Ava was a little aggressive and went right for it! haha She actually gave his nose a little suck but we will call it her first kiss! Boys watch out! She's a maneater!


Sunday night B babysat and I went to the movies with Caroline. We saw Bridesmaids and it was Hilarious!!! I highly recommend it! I text B to check on the babies during the movies and never got a response. So then I text my mom. She sent back "Brooks is having a melt down." I think that was putting it mildly ! When I got home he was going crazy! The kid would not quit crying! The only thing that made him stop was putting him in the bath tub. I probably should have left him in there all night... I think he cried for three hours straight (I'm glad I missed the first hour!). Dr. mommy diagnosed him with colic. Who knows if that's what it was though... During the fit B went to Walgreens and bought every Colic remedy they sold. I couldn't get him to calm down enough to read the directions on how to use most of it! He finally went to sleep and slept for a good 6 hours. I think he completely wore himself out. The entire time this was going on Coco was sitting on my lap staring at him! I think she wanted to take care of her brother. When we went to bed that night instead of sleeping on my pillow like she always does she slept at the foot of the bed and stared at Brooks in the crib. How sweet is that? She always comes and gets me when they're crying too. Not that I can't hear them but it's the thought that counts! ha I know I've said it before, but Coco really is a genius!

Sweet Coco taking care of Brooks.

1 comment:

Kyle and Amanda said...

The babies are growing so fast!! Sounds like you all are in a pretty good routine! Your mom is so awesome to be helping you. I've got to get over there and meet these sweet things soon. They are just adorable!!