Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Big Boy Came Home!

We got to bring sweet Knox home on Sunday, May 1st. The other two babies could have come home too but the neonatologist thought it would be a good idea for us to "practice" with one baby first! I was ready to bring them all home but I guess this was for the best! It's pretty funny we call him the big boy because he doesn't even weigh six pounds yet! He is our big boy compared to the other two!

This has to be one of the sweetest things I've ever seen! My sweet boys holding hands! This pretty much broke my heart because it was right before we took Knox home. I think Brooks didn't want him to leave! I told Brandon to get ready because I knew I was going to cry when we took Knox and left the other two at the hospital!


Ava, had no interest in telling her brother bye! She was sound asleep!






Brandon brought the car seat in and Caroline, Brandon, and I just looked at it! None of us knew how to put the kid in it! I was afraid if the nurse noticed our hesitation she wouldn't let us take our baby home! haha Thank goodness it was pretty easy!


Thanks to Caroline our photographer and videographer for capturing our special moment!


Knox was such a good baby and slept the entire ride home! I hope these babies like car rides! I see a lot of trips to Sonic Happy Hour in our future!


This bassinet has been a life saver! Santa Claus did a great job on this gift! The babies love to snuggle in it!


How sweet is this?? Knox holding Gigi's hand! My mom was at the house waiting on us when we brought Knox home! Thank goodness! We can you use all the help we can get!


My dad brought us dinner for our first night at home with a baby! Thanks dad. This is the also the first time my dad got to hold Knox! I always joke to my dad that he can't show favoritism to Knox since he is named after him!


I think we brought the wrong baby home first! Knox spoiled us! He is such an easy going baby! Our first night was pretty easy! Thank goodness for the nicu getting the babies on such a good schedule! We fed Knox at 9pm and then put him in his crib. He woke up at 1am to eat and Brandon fed him his bottle while I pumped and then he woke up again at 5am. By the time B woke up to help with that feeding I was already done! He slept until 9am when we left to go pick up his brother and sister at the nicu!! I will admit that when Knox started crying at one for his bottle B woke me up and for some reason I started reaching for my cell phone! I was so out of it I guess I thought his crying was my alarm!
He is such a sweet baby! That will be the only night Knox will be able to feel like an only child! I hope he enjoyed it! I know we did!

1 comment:

Leslie Penix said...

Michelle,
They are so adorable! I cannot wait to get my hands on all three. I will have to do "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" in order to pick which one to hold first!!

You look great Momma!!! Hope to see you very, very soon!!

xoxo,
Leslie