Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Doctors Appointement

On Friday we had our first outing with all three babies! They had to go to the pediatrician. Mommy had to wake up at 4:30 to get all of the babies and myself ready! I was a little exhausted to say the least! Just getting the diaper bag packed takes a good thirty minutes. Actually getting everyone in the car is another story! When we were loading the babies in the car seats B and I couldn't figure out how to adjust the straps! We had to pull out the manual before we could even go! The babies did great on the ride to the doctor. They really seem to like car rides.. Thank goodness! The first thing we had to do was undress the babies and weigh them. I weighed Ava and Brooks and B was in charge of Knox. B took Knox's diaper off and he immediately started peeing. Instead of grabbing the diaper and covering up his little pee pee B yells "Oh shit" and literally starts spinning Knox around the room. Pee Pee went everywhere! It was like a sprinkler! All over B, all over Brooks and his car seat, all over the wall and floor. I really am not sure what B was thinking! He twirled him around the whole room! I'm sure everyone in the entire building heard him yell too! I was of course embarrassed! The poor nurse had to get bleach wipes out and clean the entire room! I think B learned you don't take the diaper off until right before you put them on the scale and you definitely don't spin them around the room!

Knox weighed 5lb 14oz
Brooks weighed 5lb and 1oz
Ava weighed 4lb and 14oz

Everyone looked great! Ava and Brooks do have some growing to do though! The doctor suggested we start feeding them every 2-3 hours. I did this for two feedings and I was done! There is nothing worse than trying to force feed a baby! I think we will stick to every four hours for now! The babies were not thrilled about being naked! At one point they were all screaming! I know everyone in the waiting room was wondering what was going on!!


Brandon was thrilled about taking a family picture. Can you tell? Haha


Taking a picture of three babies that have zero head control is a lot harder than you would think!
People always ask me if I dress the babies alike. They have several matching outfits but itt never fails, as soon as I get them all dressed one of them has a little accident and the outfit is ruined! I think about two seconds after I took this picture Brooks had a blow out. So yes, I dress them alike and it usually lasts about 5 minutes.


Attempt #2-I'm definitely no photographer!









Sweet Ava. She loves to keep her hands by her face.


If you look closely you will see the pee spots all over poor Brooks' carseat! I think daddy learned his lesson!
Brooks has the cutest gummy smile. All you see is gums! B asked the Dr if she thought he would have to wear braces. She said 90% of kids have to have braces so the chances are yes! It's a good thing Gigi opened savings accounts for the babies! B had braces twice and I started going to the orthodontist when I was about 10 so our poor kids are destined to have messed up teeth! Thanks mom!


Knox waiting his turn!


There is such a huge difference in the babies personalities. Ava is already so girly. Her little mannerisms are so different than the boys. She makes the cutest little faces and always puts her hands on her face. Is it possible to be prissy at 2 weeks old??? I think she is!

1 comment:

Day Old News said...

Your babies are PRECIOUS!!! Wow, what a blessing!