Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Day in the Life of Me!

I think most people assume I've been busy changing diapers, making bottles, not sleepy, etc. It really hasn't been that bad! I know it will be a whole different story once they are older and they are all running around but right now they are sweet little babies that sleep and eat on a perfect schedule! I have friends that have to feed their kids every two hours! Ahh I can't imagine. I think god knew what he was doing when he gave me babies that like to sleep!

My friend Mark gave me this bumper sticker! How funny is this?? Crazy things happen when I don't get enough sleep so I really might need to put this on my car! Oh and how in the world do I turn pictures around???





I've always been pretty organized. I love to make list but I love to cross things off my list more than anything! Thank goodness because there is no way I could do this if I wasn't organized! I have a binder that has sections for each baby. This is where I record their feeding times, diapers, tummy time, sleep and awake time. The neonatologist suggested we do this since this is what they do in the nicu. It is really such a huge help! There is no way I could remember how much each baby ate and what kind of diaper they had without my book!



Our Day-

6am-My mom usually comes over for this feeding. She comes and gets the babies out of our room and feeds them downstairs. B and I never even wake up! It's so nice because we are able to sleep from 3am-8 or 9am. It's so nice to have uninterrupted sleep! B wakes up and goes to work around 8 and I usually wake up at 9 and go downstairs to take over mommy duty so my mom can leave! I usually empty the dishwasher and make bottles for the rest of the day/night. I make a large pitcher of formula to mix with my breast milk and fill enough bottles up to last until the following morning. This makes it so easy to grab bottles out of the fridge before each feeding.

10am-The babies start waking up. Knox is always first. I change his diaper and then feed him while a bottle is warming for Brooks. It usually takes me twenty minutes to feed each baby. As soon as I finish Knox I put him in the swing and then start on Brooks. Same thing, diaper change and then feeding. Knox is usually asleep by the time I finish feeding Brooks so he is moved to a boppy pillow that he likes to sleep in on the couch and Brooks goes in the swing. Then it's Ava's turn! After I feed them all they are usually asleep again. If they aren't asleep they are just laying in the nap nanny content looking around. I usually fold baby clothes that are in the dryer that I started the night before. Some days I blog, write thank you notes, or read during this time too. I usually try to eat something during this break.

2pm-I'm supposed to do tummy time with the babies several times a day but I'm not always great at that! Usually when they wake up they are ready to eat and I hate to make them wait! I also don't want to wake them up for tummy time but I might have to start doing that. If we do it this is usually the time. I will put them all on the floor in the den while and start the feeding routine-diaper change, feed, burp, swing. I usually catch up on shows on my dvr too.








The afternoons are the perfect time for me to run errands. My mom or sister will usually come over and watch the babies while I run my errands or I have a few babysitters I can call that will come over to stay with them. It's always so nice to get out of the house for a little while. I finish my errands by 6 so I can be back at the house for the next feeding.

6pm-Brandon tries to be home by 6 to help me with this feeding. After we feed the babies he likes to go ride his bike and I usually do a little laundry. I usually do one load a day full of baby clothes,bibs, etc. I haven't had to cook at all because our wonderful friends have brought delicious meals every night! I'm sure when the meals stop coming in June I will cook dinner, or try to cook dinner during this time. Some nights B will watches the babies so I can go to dinner with friends or run errands if I didn't get a chance to during the day. Other nights when he gets home from his bike ride we watch tv together.

10pm-change, feed, burp, swing! I also have to pack our bag for upstairs! I have to make sure I have enough diapers, wipes, pacifiers, clothes, and blankets in our room for the night. I usually keep all of these things in our room but I have to replenish occasionally. I also pack three bottles in our Dr Browns carrying case with an ice pack. If I'm extra sleepy we do this feeding upstairs in bed. Usually we just feed them downstairs and carrying them up one by one!

2am-The babies wake up like clockwork. I usually wake up because Knox is whimpering so I change his diaper and feed him all while laying in bed! The babies eat great during the night (thank goodness). They always suck down their bottles and go right back to sleep. They always wake up about 20 minutes apart too which is perfect! Sometimes if I'm feeling extra nice I let B sleep through this feeding. This is always the time I check facebook, blogs, etc. I usually get back to sleep around 3 or 3:30. If B wakes up to help we sometimes watch a little tv too.

Bath time-We usually bath the babies once a day and sometimes every other day. My mom loves to do this in the mornings after the 6am feeding which is fine with me! Ha One less thing I have to do! I like to bathe them right after they eat and I usually feed them all and then take them one by one to the bathroom. We have a little space heater we turn on (thanks Karrie and Joseph) and I get all of the towels and washcloths out and ready. I bathe one, put on diaper, lotion, outfit and then put them in the crib in the nursery. Then I start with the next baby.

The drama queen in the tub.




Nothing is sweeter than all of my clean babies in their crib. They LOVE bath time and love to play in the crib after their bath! They all keep their head turned to look out the window!




Then we start all over again! I think these babies are going to be like their mommy and like a schedule too! If we are out of the house we just take bottles with us and they eat on the go! Also, if you come to our house around feeding time we will hand your a baby and a bottle! We take all the help we can get! We won't make you change dirty diapers though!

No comments: