Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I've lost my mind....

Coco and Layla's worlds have been turned upside down and I'm not helping the situation. The first night we brought the babies home Brandon woke up to find me trying to swaddle Layla in our sheets. I remember doing this. I honestly thought she was one of our babies. She eventually squirmed out of my arms and I figured out she wasn't my baby. Last night I woke Brandon up and told him he had to help me with these babies. I couldn't figure out why he put them in bed with us. I was holding two babies (so I thought) and trying to calm them down. What's scary is I wasn't asleep. I honestly thought Brandon had brought two babies to bed with him.... He kept telling me they weren't babies that I was holding Coco and Layla. I didn't believe him! He finally told me to feel their fur and that's when it clicked. I looked down and I had poor Coco in my arms laying on her back and I was rocking her. Layla was in my lap and I was trying to comfort her too. Is this what sleep deprivation does to you??? I've gone freaking crazy...

The dogs have handled the babies much better than I ever thought they would. Coco did give Ava a lick on the head the first day she was home but other than that the babies get ignored by the dogs. I think they are probably getting more attention than they got before the babies were here because now we are always home! Coco has gotten to play fetch with Brandon, her favorite thing to do, a lot more than she usually does! Layla has even acted a little protective over the babies. When they cry she tries to look in the bassinet to make sure they are okay! Coco really wants to be involved too. She likes to follow my mom around at night during feedings. Knowing Coco, she is probably hoping she will somehow get a treat or food out of the deal but who knows!
I can't wait until the babies are old enough to play with the dogs! I know they will love CC and LJ as much as we do!

Coco's favorite spot. My pillow.


Layla has been spending a little more time in the living room now that the babies have taken over the den! She's such a cutie!

No comments: