Friday, January 27, 2012

Lately...

-After Millers party Karrie, B and I went to lunch at Grubs with the babies. They were hungry and tired so it was pretty brave of us to try this. Karrie's baby (Brooks) was the best. He just sat in his seat and behaved himself. Ava and Knox were wild! I always said I didn't want the babies to eat lots of Happy Meals, etc but I was stuffing fries in their mouths as fast as I could to keep them quiet! ha I think they all slept for 3 hours when we got home!

-Saturday night Gigi watched the babies so B and I could have date night. We had plans to go to dinner and see a movie then I was going to meet friends for drinks. We made it to dinner and that's it. I was so tired we were home by 8:30 and in pj's. We did rent Moneyball! I, of course, fell asleep before it was over! The part I saw was good though!

-When we were trying to pick a restaurant Saturday night B said, "Let's go somewhere quiet that isn't crowded" I thought this was odd and then I realized we were passing an empty KFC and that's what he had in mind! No thank you!

-I found Knox sitting in front of a pair of B's boots saying "Dada" too funny!

-Ava loves to rub her tongue over her new teeth. She does this one million times a day! Her little tongue is always hanging out of her mouth and her lips are always chapped.

-I have issues. I am so clumsy! Saturday morning the babies were all playing in the living room. I was on the phone and I walked in the living room for something. I stepped on the corner of one of their riding toys, lost my balance, my phone went flying, I screamed, and then pretty much landed on top of Knox. He started screaming, I was sure he had broken something! He ended up being fine but it scared me to death and I'm a little sore! Thank goodness he has a helmet! Oh and B heard all of this and didn't even come down stairs! I think he has gotten use to ignoring my clumsiness! A few years ago we were leaving a Razorback basketball game and I tripped and pretty much rolled down a hill. B kept walking and acted like he didn't know me!

-I caught Ava army crawling across the living room to get her pretend cell phone! She's starting early! My cell phone is all of the babies favorite toy! I am missing so many apps because they find a way to delete them all!

-Sunday Ava and I went to church! I decided I'm going to try to take them one at a time! B went on a long bike ride/run so Gigi came over and watched the boys. Ava was on her best behavior. She loved looking around and smiling at all of the people! She fell asleep halfway through the service. After church, she went to brunch with the girls and tried her first bite of a waffle! She is such a big girl now!

-Sunday night kicked off awards season! My favorite! I had to fight B for the tv since football was on but I eventually won! Ava had a slumber party at Gigi's but the boys and I watched the Golden Globes together!

-None of the babies have ever slept in our bed. Until Sunday night. Brooks woke up at 4am so upset. I could not get him to calm down so got to get in our bed. I was so tired! He crawled all over our bed and eventually fell asleep at the foot of our bed so that is where he slept until eight the next morning!

No comments: