Monday, January 23, 2012

NYE


Wow, how times have changed! B has always had to work on NYE but I usually still try to get out of the house and do something to celebrate! This year that didn't happen! The babies and I had a party to attend at the Rutledges but we couldn't make it because we all had a stomach virus. It was TERRIBLE! Definitely the worst New Years Eve I have ever had! Instead of celebrating with champagne I was drinking Sprite and chicken broth! This is the busiest day of the year for us at the liquor store and the one day B can absolutely not take off work. In other words, it was the worst possible day to get sick! I think I could have handled three sick babies if I hadn't been sick myself. Thank goodness Gigi came to our rescue! She came over and watched the babies, bathed them and made bottles while I took a three hour nap! I thought I had the flu for sure! That night I was sound asleep by 9:30! Can you say Grandma! No watching the ball drop for me! Poor B, when he came home at 12 he had to stay up until after 3am with Brooks because he couldn't sleep. It was a rough few days around here! It was actually the first time since I have had the babies that I thought, "I don't know if I can do this!" I felt that bad! Not only were we sick, but my house was a disaster. Imagine Christmas gifts and decorations everywhere plus three babies throwing up. Poor Coco even got thrown up on at one point! It was kind of like a scene out of a horror movie! My washing machine and carpet steam cleaner were running constantly for three days!

I know some people say that how you spend New Years day is how your year is going to go. Well I refuse to believe that! If that is the case we are in serious trouble! ha By New Years night we were all starting to feel a little better so we all ate our black eyed peas and cabbage! Hopefully that will take care of our luck for the next year!

I only took one picture on the babies first New Years Eve and I'm kind of afraid to post it! It's pretty gross and sad but now that it's over with I can laugh about it! At the time, I wanted to cry. I sent this to B and said, "Happy New Years to me! Please hurry home!" I have a feeling this pic made him glad he was at work!


I didn't really make any big resolutions for the next year. I, along with everyone else in the world, would of course like to get in shape and be healthier but I hate to count that as a resolution! I've worked out once since January 1st! I have quit drinking diet cokes! I would love to say I feel so much better since I quit drinking them but that is not the case. I'm actually dragging and have to go to bed every night by 10 and I'm not getting much done around the house. I might have to start back on the coke! One resolution I would like to make is to manage my money better! Every month I say I'm not going to spend any money and every month I fail! I would also like to be better about crossing things off my to-do list. Jennifer gave me cute little notebooks for Christmas and I've started keeping all of my to-do list and notes organized in these books. Nothing makes me happier than crossing something off a list, so I really think this will be a resolution I can stick with! I really think I will accomplish more if I keep my goals organized!

2011 is going to be a hard year to beat but I have a feeling 2012 will be pretty fun (and busy)!


No comments: