Thursday, March 17, 2011

31 Weeks!!!

One more week down and five more to go!!! I had an appointment at 8 this am. I was of course thirty minutes late. I have a feeling I will never be on time for anything again. I had an ultrasound and all of the babies looked great! The ultrasound was a jumbled mess of body parts! There were arms, legs, and heads everywhere! It didn't help that the babies were all moving around the whole time. The poor ultrasound girl had a cheat sheet that told her where the babies were in the past but they have all moved around! Ava is still the lowest but now her head is touching Brook's head. Knox is still on my right side but he has flipped. Now I know why I have felt so much movement lately. I hope they stay that way so when they are delivered I will know which boy is which. She was able to get a pic of Knox. It was still very hard to see his face. I think Brook's arm was in his face. He has such chubby cheeks!! I can't wait to kiss them. I've told Dr. Wendall numerous times I want chubby babies and every time he tells me that isn't going to happen! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

How cute is he????



He said the babies look great and he really thinks if I have them early it will be because my body just can't handle it anymore and I will just go into labor. So far I haven't had any contractions at all and I'm still not that uncomfortable. How is this possible??? I can even still sleep! My mom called me the other day and said "are you having trouble breathing? You sound out of breath" I of course said "nope, I'm fine" Five minutes later I hear Brandon on the phone and he was saying "no, she's just a mouth breather now...That's how she always sounds" I guess she didn't believe me! haha I have no clue if I've dilated at all though. I haven't been checked since before I left Fayetteville which was at 27 weeks. He doesn't seem to think I have so I really hope he's right! He compared something about my pregnancy to sand, I can't even remember what it was. I think he had the beach on the brain because before I left he casually mentioned he is going to be out of town next week for Spring Break!!! I of course said, "What in the world am I going to do if I go into labor" he said "Just don't". So everyone keep your fingers crossed that I have a very uneventful week! For some reason they can never find how much weight I gained! I guess it's not that big of a deal! At this point I would really rather not know! B came home from Wal-Mart last week with Twinkies, Doritoes, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Cheese dip, and a cake. I think those are things he wishes he could be eating! In the ten years we have been together I don't think he has ever seen me eat a Twinkie or an Ice Cream sandwich! haha As you can see from the picture below the babies are growing just fine though!




Ava 30w 5d 3lbs 7oz
Brooks 32w 2d 4lbs 4oz
Knox 30w 4d 3lbs 8oz

I thought Knox was shrinking because he has been closer to Brook's size the entire time but Dr W said not to really even pay attention to these last ultrasounds because they are very inaccurate. I can't wait to see how big they are when they are born!

I got the best news at the end of the appointment! He said I can go back to Fayetteville at 34 weeks! I can't wait! I haven't slept in my own bed in almost a month! I can't wait to be home with our family of 7! I'm glad I like my house because I have a feeling we won't be getting out for a while! The babies can't be around school age kids for at least 4-5 months and very limited contact with adults! I am going to be such a stickler on those rules! I'm not going through all of this to have one of my babies get sick! We will have to have a coming out party for the babies in September! Maybe they can make their debut at a Razorback game! Then we will have to make a trip down south so the babies can meet Alex, Cami, Cori, Stevie, and Tripp!

My dad came to visit today and took Carol and I out to lunch. Carol picked Cracker Barrel. I told her we were going to be the youngest people there by 40 years. It was hilarious. We were the youngest people by 50 years! Carol is probably the smartest person I know but sometimes she amazes me! She said "I had no idea old people like Cracker Barrel?" Really Carol? This is the place that sells rocking chairs on the front porch! My dad also took Coco and Layla home to Brandon. They had worn out their welcome! Thanks for lunch dad!

We did have one disaster today. The cable in the living room quit working! I think I am the only one that thinks this is a huge deal! Ha Hopefully we can get it fixed tomorrow! If not, this is going to be a very long weekend!

4 comments:

Emily! said...

Yay!! They are growing like weeds :), so glad the appointment went well. So three weeks and you get to come home, hooray!!

Just tell B to call Matt up, they can bike all over town..

ashley said...

so glad you started a blog!!! :) Oh Dr. W - he was water skiing when I had mine. And I did have one that was kinda chunky - so you can do it too!!! AND - they were pretty off on my last ultrasounds too - so those babies may be way bigger than you are thinking. I am so happy that you are feeling great and having such a good pregnancy!!!! That is amazing. I am about to respond to your facebook message - but wanted to comment here too! :)

The Nuckols said...

I can't wait for you to come back home!!! I have been sooo bored without you!

Love seeing the baby bump and pics....Brooks is so handsome! :)

Sarah said...

So glad you're feeling good!!! You look great! This is all great news! Brooks is a doll! It looks like his left eye is open in the pic!? They told me that doesn't happen very often, he must be trying to check things out and push his brother out of the way!
I'm glad you'll be a stickler with them.. Bennett has pretty much been on lockdown. Hopefully when u have them, the flu and rsv will be long gone!! It's just not worth it to chance them getting sick when they're so small!
I can't wait for you to have them! You will be so in love :)