Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Adventures at JC Penny

I was starting to really go crazy in the apartment on Saturday so Caroline, my mom, and I went out to lunch. It was such a pretty day! We sat outside at Tazikis. i think the sun gave me a little boost of energy. I really felt good so I decided to run some errands after lunch. Our first stop was JC Penny to look for pajamas I can wear in the hospital. My mom dropped me off at the door and I headed in with Caroline. I guess there was a special sale that day because the place was packed! I started looking at a dress and a worker walked up to me and said "You look like you are going to have that baby any day" I said "actually it's babies, and yes I am going to have triplets any day" she said "oh my gosh I can't believe that. I've got to go tell Karen about you! You need to come to the lingerie section so I can show her your stomach" I told her I was actually headed that way in a little bit and she ran off to tell "Karen" about the girl with the gigantic stomach. About that time I started feeling bad. Not really bad but it's like I completely run out of energy. It's a very wierd feeling. I tried to describe it to Caroline and the best way I could describe it is I start feeling like you would feel if you sat in a hot tub for too long. It's like I'm completely drained and it usually hits me all at once. One second I'm fine and the next I have to sit down. Well, I had to sit down and there was no where to sit sooo I made a little seat on one of the displays. I basically just sat on a stack of jeans on a table. No one seemed to notice. A worker offered to get me the JC Penny community wheel chair but someone else was using it!! We had to call my mom and have her bring the car around to pick us up! My big day of shopping only lasted about ten minutes. Poor Karen in the lingerie department never got to see the girl with the gigantic stomach!
From now on I think I will be shopping in a wheel chair! I will be sure to take lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Julee said...

Oh my! I just laughed out loud! Bless your heart!

The Nuckols said...

Me too! This post is cracking me up!!!