Friday, March 11, 2011

What 30 weeks preg with triplets looks like.. Scary



While we were waiting for the doctor today I made B take a tummy picture. Wow.... Its crazy because the night before I left Fayetteville B and I had a date night. We went to eat at Doe's on Dickson. All night people were staring at me. Not in a "Oh look, a pregnant girl. How sweet" way. In a "what is going on with her stomach" way. They were probably wondering why I was walking around Dickson street too... Now, when people see me mouths are hanging open. I'm that big.

I had my 30 week check up today with Dr W. So far everything looks great! I didn't have an ultrasound but he measured my stomach and said I'm measuring 45 centimeters which is basically like I'm 45 weeks pregnant with one baby and I would be full term with twins. I tried to pin him down on a date for a c section but he said "oh I won't deliver them until 36-37 weeks." What!!! 37 weeks??? If I make it that far sign me up for the circus because I will be a freak show. He said he thought I would probably definitely make it to 34 weeks which I think is doable! I'm really not that miserable. I'm scared to say this pregnancy has been a breeze because I know that could all change tomorrow. But... it really hasn't been that bad at all. I've had no heartburn, back pain, swelling, headaches, my skin hasn't changed at all, I don't even have that wierd line under my belly button. I've had a few rough days when I was just so sick of laying down and being bored but it's not anything I can't handle. Hopefully the next several weeks will fly by!
I can't wait to have an ultrasound next week! I love to see little pictures of them! Oh and I think I gained two pounds although they lost my weight from my last visit so I'm not really sure! I'm shocked it wasn't like 15lbs! I also asked him if my C-section recovery would be more painful than a c-section for one baby. He of course said "oh yes, definitely. It's really going to be painful. You will probably have some digestive issues after and you could lose a lot of blood." Wow! Sounds fun! I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and stop asking questions.
So I could have them in four weeks, 6 weeks, or tomorrow! Who knows! I really am like a ticking time bomb! I keep forgetting to pack my bag for the hospital! I've got to get on that!

1 comment:

The Nuckols said...

That belly shot makes me smile. Can't wait to meet those babies! :)