Monday, March 21, 2011

The Recliner Debate

Brandon hates the chairs in our living room. I love them! See, aren't they neat? He thinks we should replace every chair in our house with a recliner.



I knew I wanted a glider in the babies nursery. I wanted a neat modern glider. Like these...






That's not what I ended up with though! My mom didn't think these would be practical. A baby store was going out of business and they told me they would give me a great deal on a glider. So I picked the biggest one they had! I knew I would need a lot of room for three babies!!! The biggest glider also happened to be a recliner. A huge brown recliner. B was pumped. He picked it up and immediately put it in the middle of our living room right in front of the tv. Of course it looked completely out of place. It took up half the room. He was in heaven for about two months.
Once I found out I had to move to LR I had about week to get the nursery together. I had nothing done! It was just an empty room. So....I had to call in reinforcement and ask a decorator friend for help! B happened to walk in one day when we were discussing fabric to recover the glider in. He threw an all out temper tantrum! ha He thought it was ridiculous to recover the chair especially since the new color was turquoise. He also thought it was crazy to move it to the nursery! It was like he was losing his best friend. He then informed us he was going to just go buy his own recliner for the living room (probably off Craigs List-He is obsessed) and he left. Chris then turned to me and said, "If you didn't want a recliner in your house you shouldn't have married a straight boy from Dumas." So true...
The glider is now a very pretty color of turquoise and I love it! Thank you so much Donald! I can't wait to see it in person and I can't wait to rock the babies in it! I am so lucky Brandon's dad can recover furniture! I think I've recovered everything in my house at least once! I probably drive him crazy!

The new and improved glider/recliner. I have a cute pillow to go in the seat too!



No comments: