Monday, April 25, 2011

The Actual Delivery!

We didn't sleep at all the night before the babies birth! We were both so excited! I really couldn't believe that I would be meeting them in a few hours! I really wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be! Once everyone left our house I really started to relax!
I was actually pretty calm the next morning. On our way to the hospital B wanted to stop at McDonald's for breakfast... I was pretty adamant about being on time for the birth of our babies so I vetoed that idea!

Layla Jean wanted to get one last snuggle in with the babies before they were born. I think she might miss my huge stomach!



This was the weather when the babies were born. In case they are ever curious!


The babies had a large audience waiting for their early morning arrival! My mom, dad, Caroline, Brandon's mom, dad, Heather, Meme, Stacey, Cali, Mark, and Ms Cindy. It was so special to us that everyone was there for our special day!

One of my last pregnancy pics. I still can't believe I had three babies in my stomach! I'm so glad they are here but I do miss feeling their kicks! My gosh my stomach was huge!


Yes, I had a full face of makeup on for the delivery! I didn't sleep the night before so I had plenty of time to get ready! I also lied and told them I didn't wear contacts. I would have never been able to see the babies without my glasses and I did not want glasses in my pictures! I did leave the jewelry at home though!


Putting on the blue cap made it all feel real! haha




I think at this point I knew there was no going back so I just put a smile on my face and figured the c section couldn't be that bad!


I thought I would be scared in the operating room but I was actually very excited! There were a ton of people in there! Mostly for the babies. I literally got rolled in, set up got my spinal (which wasn't that bad) and as soon as the spinal was done I was flipped on my back and they were starting. I think I actually had to say, "oh someone should go grab Brandon." I was wheeled in at 7:30 and by 7:41 Ava was born! It was that fast! Oh and Brandon watched the entire thing. He held my hand but stood and looked over the sheet the entire time. I can't believe he didn't faint! He kept laughing after it was over because I literally chatted the entire time. The anesthesiologist and I had some mutual friends so we chatted about that. I think I even explained why I had a tan (self tanner and laying out in LR). Dr P would tell me what was going on, etc. Towards the end I kept asking how much longer because I was so ready to see the babies! It was hard to get a good look at them when I was flat on my back!

Ava came out first at 7:41 weighing 4lbs 12oz and 19.5 inches long! She came out booty first actually! I think Brandon might have said something like, "I didn't know they would be grey." As soon as she was out he left my side to hold her! I kept yelling "Brandon who does she look like?" No response! Ha He was completely focused on the babies!


Next is Brooks at 7:42 weighing 4lbs 6oz and 18.5 inches long. He came out head first. We actually think Brooks and Knox got switched.. My entire pregnancy Brooks was my biggest baby! He was at least two weeks ahead at every ultrasound. He ended up being my smallest! Dr P said when she took Ava out Brooks and Knox might have flipped. I was going to change his name or correct is name but B started sending texts with pictures so it was a little too late! Oh well! I guess we will never know for sure!


The pictures are pretty up close and personal! I have to thank Kaitlin (a nurse at the hospital and one of our employee's girlfriends) for staying after her shift was over to take all of these pictures! You did a great job! I'm so glad I have so many pictures from the delivery!



Last was Knox at 7:43 weighing 5lbs 4oz and 19 inches long. Little Knox took a tinkle as soon as they sat him in his little crib. Everyone thought this was hilarious! I guess it shot up a little! As soon as I was back in my room I posted on facebook that the babies were here and that Knox looked just like Brandon. That could not be farther from the truth! He has dark skin, dark hair, and looks just like me! I swear the babies changed from hour to hour!







All of our babies have huge feet! Every nurse in the Nicu comments on how big their hands and feet are. Poor Ava is going to have huge feet like her mommy! They all love to stretch out in their little swaddling blankets and their is always a big foot sticking out!



Brandon finally reappeared at my side to give me a report on the babies! I couldn't wait to get my hands on them!


Ava is getting ready to go to her daddy! He got to hold her first! I think we will have a daddy's girl on our hands!


Brandon holding his little girl!


Notice I'm just chatting away! My mouth was literally running the entire time! B later told me that they sat some of my body parts on a little table during the c section. I don't think I would have been so care free if I had known that! Ha


This precious booty in the air is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen!


I finally got to take a peak!


Umm do you think he is a proud dad? haha I don't think he quit smiling the entire time he was in the delivery room!


Our first family pic! Mommy, Daddy, and Ava! Don't be jealous boys!


Daddy holding Knox


Daddy holding Brooks


While I was being stiched up they wheeled the babies out for everyone to take a peak. My mom thought it was an incubator full of blankets. She couldn't tell the babies were even in there! There little heads were barely peaking out!


Everyone was so excited to meet the babies! I was so jealous I was stuck on the operating table and that I couldn't go out and chat with everyone about the babies! Ha


Brandon giving Caroline all of the gory details I'm sure!


I was probably driving Dr P crazy while this picture was being taken! I kept asking how much longer. She was like "15 min... 3 min..." I really should have told her to take her time and to do a little nipping and tucking while she was down there!


The whole c section process was so much better than I ever expected! I think it helped that I really loved my doctor and I was completely relaxed! I would do it a million times again if I got sweet babies out of it every time!

3 comments:

ashley said...

SO happy for you! :)

The Nuckols said...

Congrats M and B!!! I am soo happy for you and your lil family!!! The babies are precious!! I can't wait to hold them!

rockin15 said...

OMG, they are so precious and what a smile on your mom and dads face. What great parents you all will be. I hate that I am so far away, would love to see them. God Bless all of you!

Robin Johnson