Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy 3 day birthday babies!

4-22-11
Dr P actually told me I could go home but I decided I wasn't ready to leave the babies! It was so nice being so close to them. My dad came to visit so Brandon could run home to shower and check on the stores. My mom came and helped me shower too! It felt so good to actually get ready! I basically spent most of the day in the nicu. I missed so many visitors! Jeannie, thanks so much for stopping by and for my gift! Steven, Kristen, and Eli, I hate that I missed you!

The Penix family were are first visitors. They brought yummy donuts and cute Madeline. I can't believe how big she is! It really feels like I was just visiting Leslie in the hospital! I'm so glad they live close by! Our babies are going to have a lot of fun together!


This was the first time B got to hold one of the babies since the day I delivered them. It was Ava's touch time so she was the lucky girl! I can't even explain how obsessed we both are with these babies! They are all so cute and have such funny personalities!





Next we held baby Knox. Brandon calls him "Mommy's boy". He swears he will quit calling him that soon! He better! He is at the end of the line of cribs so I always end up holding him the longest! It doesn't help that he looks just like me too!


I can't wait for our little family of five to all be home together! I feel like I haven't been home in months! I know it will be so different with our three new babies but I can't wait! I know we are going to have so much fun!


Sweet baby Brooks. He is so tiny. I could just eat him up! He is such a big eater! It's hilarious. He literally sucks down his bottles in less than a minute. He also has his pacifier in his mouth at all times going ninety to nothing! Brandon says he reminds him of Bart Simpson's little sister because she always has a pacifier in her mouth! He makes the loudest sucking noise too! So cute!




Olivia and Karrie came to visit! Olivia, you might make it in the baby book for being the visitor that traveled the farthest to meet the babies! I'm so glad you were able to come! Karrie, thanks so much for the cupcakes! It will be all your fault when I have to wear a mumu for the rest of my life! haha


Olivia decided Ava was her favorite!Ha I think it had something to do with the way she was sleeping! They do look so cute when they are laying on their tummies with their booties in the air!






Emily, thanks for the snacks! All of my visitors made my stay in the hospital so easy and fun! B even said that it kind of felt like we were on vacation!


We had a great day and a terrible night! B and I were in the nicu holding the babies and another storm warning was issued. The nurses rushed in our room and told us we had to put the babies back in their beds and I had to go downstairs and sit in the bathroom in my hospital room! I was freaking out! I really wanted to snatch the babies and take them with me! I didn't have to stay in the bathroom very long but it was long enough to ruin my night! As soon as they let us back in the nicu B went to check on the babies. The storms were so terrible we did not get much sleep that night! The entire time I was pregnant I was so terrified that I would have the babies during the winter and I wouldn't be able to make it to the hospital in the snow. I never dreamed I would have to worry about flash floods, hail, and tornadoes! Oh and there was that one earthquake in Little Rock. Arkansas weather really is crazy! Hopefully all of this rain will give us beautiful spring flowers for the babies to enjoy!

Oops, I almost forgot something! I had the male nurse as my day nurse today!!! I was so worried about getting him and then I actually did! He was very nice and helpful but I will say he was the only nurse I had during my stay that asked to see my boobs! I'm not exactly sure what he was checking for!!! He also wanted to discuss breast feeding with me.... I think the murse might have a thing for preggo boobs! Haha

No comments: