Friday, April 29, 2011

What a Day!

4-27-11
Today was an exciting day for our family! B reminded me it was our 10 year anniversary! I'm so glad he remembered because I definitely didn't! I had three little babies on my mind! I really can't believe we have been dating that long! Ten years ago today was my senior prom. I ended up leaving my date in our limo and riding home from a party with B. I got grounded for weeks for that! I guess it was worth it! Somewhere I have a picture of a box of Franzia he bought me! Contributing to minors B!!! Shame on you!!! It has been a very fun, exciting 10 years! Love you B!

One of our earlier pics! I don't have many pictures of when we started dating because I didn't have a digital camera! I think I was still using disposables which seems so crazy now!!



I had a doctors appt. this morning to make sure I was healing correctly! Everything looked great! As soon as I was done I went upstairs to visit the babies! That's when the fun started! B left to go to work so I spent the morning changing diapers, feeding, pumping, etc. The nurse in our room left to go to lunch and said she would be back in about an hour. I of course thought I could handle everything! I finished feeding Knox, put him in his crib, and started pumping. While I'm pumping Ava starts going crazy! She is crying, screaming, kicking, etc. What's bad about the nicu is when they start crying their pulse goes up and a million alarms go off. This makes every situation ten times worse! I put the pump down and ran over to her (boobs hanging out) and see that she was pulling out her feeding tube that runs all the way to her stomach! I didn't know what to do because I didn't want to pull it out completely or push it back in! Before I had a chance to decide what to do I hear Knox screaming and choking and look over to see milk gushing out of his nose and mouth! It was not dripping, it was like projectile vomiting! Thank god my nurse was walking down the hall and ran in to help! She ended up taking Ava's tube out and suctioning Knox's milk out of his nose and mouth!
Knox vomit wasn't the only thing that was projectile today though. I was changing Ava's poopy diaper and as soon as I took it off poop started shooting out everywhere!!! It was pretty disgusting! Knox also had some poop issues and did the same thing to my mom when she was changing his diaper! They always pee as soon as I get them clean too! I guess I just need to get use to this! Brooks of course was the perfect Angel all day!
After that craziness my nurse left again to go downstairs to do paper work and everything blew up again! We figured out Knox and possibly the other babies have a milk allergy and that is why Knox spit up. So we now have to feed the babies special (expensive and stinky) formula with their breast milk. Knox had just finished breast feeding and I was supposed to try to give him a bottle of the new formula if he was still hungry. He wouldn't take it so I put him back in his bed and moved on to Ava. He had been in his bed for about 20 minutes and he started having a meltdown. He went crazy. All of his little alarms were going off. The kid would not shut up! I tried his pacifier, tried to feed him, etc. He just wouldn't stop. Three nurses rushed in because the alarms were so loud! Thank goodness the sweet speech therapist helped me calm him down! After a burp and a diaper change, and a little bit of the bottle he was fine. Every day that they get older their cries get louder and their fits get bigger! I'm just glad the babies are used to crying and sleep right through their brother and sisters fits!
The most exciting part of the day is that we found out Knox is coming home soon! I am so excited! He should be home by Sunday and Ava and Brooks on Monday!

Brandon and I took a dinner break from the nicu and went and ate pizza. I was feeling very adventurous and ordered my first post baby beer! I think I'm going to have to break myself in slowly! Or at least wait until I'm off the pain medicine! Ha


Tonight was a big night for Knox! It was bath night! This was the calm before the storm. He was so happy stretching out naked!



Then the bath started and he got a little mad! It was pretty pitiful! He was whining and B and I were laughing hysterically! He has the funniest little cry! B imitates him perfectly!






Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen?? He looks like a shriveled up old man!


Now he is cozy in his first outfit in his mommy's arms! The outfit was a preemie outfit and it swallowed him! He is our biggest baby so I'm not sure what the other two are going to look like!


The cutest dinosaur booty I have ever seen!


He smelled so good! I just wanted to eat him up. That didn't last long though. This picture was probably taken around the time he started taking a gigantic poo! The clean baby smell lasted about 2 minutes and then the pooing started. I think he went through 2-3 diapers in the next twenty minutes!




I can't leave out a picture of sweet little Brooks.


Or sweet little Ava! They slept the entire time we were there. They didn't get their baths until the middle of the night so we missed those! I'm sure I will have pictures of their baths to post soon once they are home!

No comments: