Friday, April 29, 2011

Random...

-We are trying to get as much done as possible before the babies come home! So I sent B a text yesterday that said "Dentist Tuesday 11am, Opthamologist May 18, 10am, Vasectomy Wednesday 9am". He told my mom later that day "Michelle said I have a vasectomy scheduled next week but she forgot to tell me which doctor was doing it." It was just a joke B, but I'm glad you are were ready for it!

-On April 24th I changed my babies diapers for the first time. I changed Brook's diaper first. I have never changed a little boys diaper that I can remember! I had to get a lesson because apparently I was doing it all wrong and setting myself up for some wet clothes! Ava's was a poopy diaper! What a freaking mess!

-The girl who wouldn't take Tylenol has turned into a pill head (according to B). I have to keep them organized in this little container. It's filled with iron pills, IB Profin, Vitamins, Stool Softeners... I've officially turned into an 80 year old woman. I have the saggy skin to prove it too!



-We are so obsessed with our babies. How obsessed are we???? B made me take a picture of a booger the nurse sucked out of Ava's nose. We are that obsessed....



-Our babies are burping machines! They burp like grown men. B was feeding Brooks for the first time and when it was time to burp him the nurse asked if he knew how. He didn't. She was showing him and he literally sat Brook's up and he let out the loudest man burp! She told B he was a professional. I don't think it's always going to be that easy though!

-Caroline, the baby expert, has been afraid to hold the babies! She's scared to death she is going to pull one of their little wires off. They are all just stuck with glue on their chest so even if one came off it wouldn't hurt them. She is very clumsy but one day when just the two of us were in the nicu I made her hold Ava! It was time for me to feed Brooks and I wasn't ready to put Ava down so Carol finally overcame her fear! She is going to be my night nurse so it's a good thing she got over it!



-Trying to breast feed three babies deserves a post of it's own but this morning I was pumping (which completely freaks B out) and he said "You know you really are a trooper... The shots, carrying the babies so long, and now the pumping every two hours. I could have never done any of that." It was one of the nicest things he has said. Everyone says the first two months after you have a baby are terrible for your marriage but we have been getting along better than ever. We do joke that this is the calm before the storm! I might be taking that statement back in a few days! Ha ha

-The nurse put this little hat on Brooks yesterday! He looked so funny in it. He has a miniature head and it was even too big for the hat. We could not quit laughing!


-My conversation with Lauren this morning after I sent her the following picture. Isn't she so cute???



No comments: