Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A, B, and K have great friends..

I feel like I've been so busy since I have been back in Fayetteville. Blogging was definitely a lot easier when I was in Little Rock and had nothing else to do! I haven't even had time to watch tv!

I've had a great time visiting with all of my friends that I missed so much when I was gone! I've also met a few of Ava, Brooks, and Knox's future Bff's. I wish I had pulled out my camera!!! I hate reading blog post with no pictures!

Last Wednesday I went to lunch with friends to celebrate Karrie's birthday and then Emily and Mark stopped by for Happy Hour! Allison, Andrew, and baby Miller came too! Miller is such a cutie! The next night Bethany, Adam, and Porter came for a visit too! My mom pointed out that all of my friends have cute babies and they really do! Porter has the cutest personality! I have to ask Bethany all of the time if he ever cries! I'm not convinced he does! Hopefully A, B, and K will be happy babies too!
Thursday B and I went to my dad's house to have dinner with him and his girlfriend. The food was so delicious! I finally got to try Jenni's coleslaw which Brandon has been talking about for weeks. It was very good!
Friday night Courtney and Emory brought me dinner! I haven't seen Emory in so long!! She is such a big girl! She was walking everywhere! We had a fun girls night! When the babies are here we will have to send the boys to the liquor store with B and Ava can stay and have girls nights with us! I'm sure B will love chasing two wild boys around our store filled with glass bottles! haha

Saturday I had a bit of a breakdown. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later! Ha I was laying in bed and B was in Ava's room putting together her crib. Or trying to put together her crib.... I started hearing loud thumps and then I heard B yell "well I broke this one too" That's around the time I lost it. (btw, when I got back from LR I discovered that one of the cribs had a nail hole in the side of it, I decided to keep my mouth shut and not mention it) I immediately called my mom and Carol and told them to get over here asap! I told B to get the heck out of the house and then I started cleaning like a maniac. I guess the whole nesting thing really does happen! Apparently while I was cleaning out B's closet my mom and Brandon were arguing about who was going to get to go work at the liquor store! They were both trying to get away from me! haha I'll admit I was acting like a slight nutcase. What really sent me over the edge was when B walked in the closet and started hanging up all of the clothes I had cleaned out of his closet. He was hanging up shirts that had holes in them and bleach stains!! He quickly left for work after that! My mom cleaned out all of the babies rooms and did a ton of laundry. Caroline helped but took frequent breaks to work on her tan outside! I even got rid of a lot of my maternity clothes! I feel like my house is so clean!! Thanks mom! One day I will repay you! Or the trips will repay you!haha

That afternoon Sarah and Jessica brought Bennett and Oliver over for a visit! Holding precious babies is just what I needed to brighten my mood! They are both such cuties!! I can't believe I didn't take any pictures! I'm really going to have to be better about that! I love chatting with friends with babies! I literally ask a million questions!

Saturday night I had a big date planned! With Karrie of course! I love having a friend whose husband likes to hunt as much as mine! During the fall Karrie and I had a ton of date nights! It's so much fun going to Bordino's with someone who doesn't say "I can't believe I just spent___ I would have enjoyed a McDonald's burger just as much!" Ha We also love going to see girly romantic comedies! Caroline joined us for our girls night at Bordino's. It was so much fun! I even had a virgin Bloody Mary to celebrate! We stayed and chatted so long we missed the movie! It was the perfect last hurrah!! We even ended the night with twist cones from Braum's!

Sunday was a pretty lazy day. B went on a long bike ride and mowed the yard and my mom and I did more cleaning and organizing. We just have a few more things left to do to get ready for the babies! We had planned on hanging out with Leslie, Ben, and Madeline but I fell asleep and didn't wake up in time!! Hopefully we can get together soon! I can't wait to see Madeline!

I can't believe this is our last weekend without babies!!! It's crazyyyy!

1 comment:

Mary Mallory said...

I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow...and praying!!! You two are so blessed to get to experience 3 babies first smiles in the morning...every morning!!! Ask any Mom or Dad.... there is nothing like it!!