Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 2 at Willow Creek

4-21-11
I had big plans to wake up, take a shower, and get ready but that didn't exactly happen. At this point I was still convinced I didn't need any pain medication. I also found out I was very low on blood. I think my hemoglobin was a 6. I was told you need a transfusion if it's under 8. I decided I could tough it out and not get blood. B hates that I always refuse medicine! He thinks "toughing it out" is ridiculous. It probably is, but I really didn't want blood! They told me if I started feeling dizzy and sick that I would have to do it so I made sure to take it easy! My dad came to visit that morning and babysat me so Brandon could go home and take a shower and visit the dogs. I think I slept on and off the entire morning. My sleep was a little rough the night before!


Lauren and Erica drove up to visit us! They brought the cutest balloons for the babies and a bag of snacks for our room. It was so nice to visit with my friends! I wish they could have met the babies! They will have to come back soon when we are all at home!


How cute are these bunny booties Erica brought the babies! I can't wait to put them on their little feet!


Lauren brought the babies hilarious onesies. Ava's says "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Oh and she is! I can't wait to dress her up as soon as she gets home!


Nurse Brooke also came to see me! It was such a treat because I never get to see Brooke! Although, I'm a little mad at her! I mentioned my low blood/hemoglobin and she freaked out! She told me I was being ridiculous and that I needed the blood. Then she went to the nurses station and told them to give me blood! Ha I told her that must have been the reason they came in to check it for the third time that day! So thanks Brooke for getting me stuck again!



Brandon played in my wheelchair constantly! He even loved pushing me around! He thought it was hilarious to run me in to things! He definitely wasn't the best driver! I would usually just hit the wall because I didn't want to touch the little handles to stop myself! You never know who was in that thing before me!
One thing B was so excited about was the hospital food! Every time I had an appointment he would smell it and tell me he couldn't wait to eat it. I was usually gagging from the smell. Poor B... The food was a huge let down! It was pretty disgusting! I never ate one thing off my trays and I really don't think he did either! My mom or dad brought me food for every meal but Brandon would never order anything! I think he was holding out hope that the next hospital tray would be delicious! That never happened! Lauren, Erica, and Brooke decided to go get something to eat so B tagged along! I was a little jealous I couldn't go but I love that B loves my friends! He thinks they are all hilarious! I think he has just as much fun with them as I do!


While they were gone Sarah stopped by for a visit! Sarah is hilarious and I love that she always tells me the truth! When everyone else says "oh don't worry that's not a big deal" Sarah will tell me "no, it hurts like hell and it sucks!" While she was visiting a freaking monsoon hit! We had the worst hail storm ever! The hail was huge! It broke car windows, completely ruined my new car, Caroline's car, my mom's car. It was terrible. My car was actually the last thing on my mind because after the storm I called the nicu to tell them I was on my way to visit the babies and they informed me that no one was allowed in at that time because the hail had broken all of the sky lights in the nicu and there was glass everywhere. Umm talk about freaking out... I was terrified. They said our babies were fine but they just had a mess to clean up. Nothing is worse than thinking your kids might be in danger! I kept thinking what if they are scared, what if a little glass did hit them, etc.



Poor Allison and Courtney! They were my next visitors! I was so distracted the entire time they were there! All I could think about were our babies! Allison made me feel so much better though! She is so calm and she is a nicu expert! She literally knows everyone that works at the entire hospital! I don't know what I would do without her! I feel like I text her or call every day with a new question! I'm so lucky to have friends like Courtney and Allison who can answer all my baby questions! Poor Courtney should start charging me by the hour because I feel like I always call her with my questions and problems! Ha I'm so glad you both stopped by!


I made Caroline take a picture with me because she was usually the one taking them all! The babies were going to wonder where she was at! I took one with my mom too but there's no way I'm going to post it! I looked a little too rough! I will just have to tell the babies that both sets of grandparents were always there we just didn't take any pictures!



Bob Brooks also stopped by for a visit! It was so nice to see you Bob! He brought balloons for the babies too! Apparently the girls that work at Colliers Drug felt bad for Ava because Lauren and Erica bought the boys bigger balloons than her so they told Bob he needed to buy the girl Triplet a bigger balloon than the boy triplets!


Brandon and I finally got to see the babies that evening. This was also the first time I got to hold Ava! She is so so sweet! She has the chubbiest little cheeks. She still had her little oxygen tube in her nose which breaks my heart every time I see it but I don't think she seems to notice it much!

Sweet Ava!


Precious Brooks and his cute little lips!


Snuggly Knox. He makes the cutest little facial expressions!


After our visit to the nicu I finally started to calm down. My mom and Ms Cindy brought dinner and we all just sat around and chatted about our sweet babies! Ms Cindy bought the babies the cutest little outfits at Bella Jacks. I can't wait until I can dress them and post pictures! Ava got a cute little headband too! I think I might ask if she can start wearing it now! I know it will match her little diaper perfectly! Ha

1 comment:

Mary Mallory said...

What adorable babies!!! I look at these pictures over and over. It makes me want more grandbabies. I will have to come see them later on this year. Do they get to wear anything but a diaper yet? Soooo cute!!