Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our last day as a family of 4....

I really can't believe I will be a mommy to three babies in 8 hours! It's crazy!!!

Last night B and I went to dinner at Shoguns. Random place to pick for our last no-baby meal! There was a wild kid there who climbed on top of a table at one point and knocked off a container of soy sauce that shattered everywhere. Then the kid climbed into a pot filled with plants.... We both looked at each other like "oh shit, is that going to be us in a few years... " I really hope not. On the way home B said "Well I guess this will be our last night of good sleep for a while." I really hadn't even thought about it. I know I won't sleep tonight so I guess he is right.
This morning B was at work by 7:30 and I knew I should have gotten out of bed when he left because I had a few things left to do but I couldn't make myself! I kept thinking "I have to stay in bed a little longer because this will be the last time I can do this!" So, I've been pretty lazy today! Coco, Layla, and I have gotten some serious snuggling in!
Oh I almost forgot! Before B left this morning he woke me up and said "so what time are they going to start cutting on you tomorrow?" Really!!! "cutting on me??" That is the last thing I want to hear the day before I have surgery that I'm already nervous about! He claims he is going to watch the whole c-section tomorrow. I'm a little worried about this because if he freaks out, I will freak out. B has a very sensitive stomach.. It doesn't take much to make him gag so I'm not sure why he thinks it will be a good idea for him to watch. I guess we will see!
I had a manicure and pedicure today and didn't do much other than that. Mark stopped by for a visit and helped me wash some things for the babies and then B's family stopped by to visit too. My mom, Caroline, and Mrs Cindy came after that. I was so nervous tonight! I was literally burning up because I was so nervous.. Now that everyone is gone I have calmed down but I know I will be a nervous wreck in the morning again. I really don't even know what I'm scared of..
One thing I'm nervous about is all of the pain medicine I am going to be taking. B made sure to tell Dr P that I am a weirdo that won't even take Tylenol. This is true. I do not like feeling out of it at all! I've warned all of my friends that are coming to visit to just tell me to shut up if I sound like an idiot or start rambling!
If I go to bed now I will get about three hours of sleep. I guess I should try! Thank you to everyone that has called, visited, and kept us in your prayers. We really appreciate it! Our little (well soon to be big) family is so lucky! I truly believe I would have never made it this far without all of the help from our family and friends! I will try to post pictures tomorrow!
Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Mary Lindsey said...

Can't remember how I found your blog, but I have triplets too! Praying for you today. Hope everything went well, and look forward to seeing Ava, Knox, and Brooks' debut on the blog. Congrats!

Dawn said...

????? dying to hear about the babies!!!! Hope you are doing well!